LV Tragedy!

That is sad to hear. However I am not sure why she took the bag back with the reciept, did she think she could return it? Why did the SA not suggest getting new handles put on it. They can take the damaged ones off and replace them with new ones, and also get a new bottom.
word! she probably does not know, LV replaces any vachetta?

lovinmybags has a good track record for cleaning, redying, etc. LV, Balenciaga, Chanel. I have sent LV (filthy blackened vachetta) and LV (Cambon Reporter black handles color transfer onto the beige and pink version of bags) Came back looking wonderful!

I had FRESH RASPBERRY JUICE on my speedy's vachetta and RED WINE on my roxbury's vachetta, but I can assure you IT WILL FADE! takes some time (months...) but the bright red raspberry stain was gone after I think 3 months, totally undetactable. the wine lasted longer... perhaps because those parts are on the inside, but it's almost invisible now.

LOL, How do people find these threads, this is 3 years old!

LOL! I think people are fearful of getting the dreaded "Do a search, there are other threads on this" post from the mods so instead of ever starting a new post, some of us peruse through umpteen pages of search results and sometimes stumble upon something interesting during the search for whatever it was we were looking for. I didn't bump this one but I am sure I have bumped many other old posts this way...lol!! ;)

Oh my goodness, I was so excited to come back with some possibly good news and I see this is an old thread. I read that American Express and also my Chase card offer protection agains loss or damage on goods purchased within 60 days with their card. I read this today and called AX and low and behold they do!! I got so excited and searched for this thread after posting the other day and find out its old. I wonder if the OP back in 06' realized this in case they charged it to a card that covered such accidents.