LV Speedy - classic or out dated?

I was just reading a different purse site's message board and everyone was telling this other girl not to get one. They said something to the effect "for a lady in her twenties, it is not fashionable, and never buy anything with a monogram. ohmigod!" But I disagree, its the one purse I have seen the most celebrities carry overall and its been around forever. I'm buying it! Thanks for all your input!! I love this site!

nursecynthia said:
I was just reading a different purse site's message board and everyone was telling this other girl not to get one. They said something to the effect "for a lady in her twenties, it is not fashionable, and never buy anything with a monogram. ohmigod!" But I disagree, its the one purse I have seen the most celebrities carry overall and its been around forever. I'm buying it! Thanks for all your input!! I love this site!

Really? here in California.. it is INCREDIBLY popular with the 15-25 crowd! It has been popular for A LONG time! My aunt, 60, was shocked as she said it was also popular 20 years ago! Monogram is classic!

nursecynthia said:

Welcome nursecynthia, this is the one and only original and might I add best purse blog on the planet!!

Couturegrl said:
NurseCynthia-- welcome to The Purse Forum!! Prepare to add more Louis Vuittons to your wish list!! LOL

To answer your question, the Speedy is CLASSIC!!!!!!!!! It was actually made for Audrey Hepburn, who I think of as being iconically timeless. Anything that she carries, I feel "safe" carrying forever :smile:

I'm glad you pointed that out Couturegrl. This photo is what inspired me to purchase my Speedy...simply timeless and elegant. Love it.

Attachments

• audreylv1.jpg
    audreylv1.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 93
Love, love, love, classic style. It is a universal style for all ages. If you're going to make one big major designer purchase that you want to last 4-ever, it is definitely the Speedy. I have the 25, which is just right for me.

Interesting...You know that step beyond "Classic" that hits onto "Timeless"? That is where the Speedy sits in my book. :supacool:

But you have to believe it to truly to wear it with confidence. I've seen many times...people wearing bags that don't fit. Does anybody know what I mean? Like they don't belong on them...?? Or they don't have what it takes to carry them off? You have to own the look, it can't own you. As long as you love it you'll be fine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:yes: If your a Speedy girl...RUN with it!!!!!:yahoo:

Diane...Oh, I am so a Speedy girl myself...LOVE IT!