LV prices lower in Hawaii, yay!!!

The last few times I've been to Hawaii (past 3 Thanksgivings) chanel has been MORE expensive.....everything else it at least a little cheaper but not Chanel for some reason. The SA's say they fluctuate but I always see higher than continental US prices.......

caley said:
yeah i was told that the inventory is considered part of international stock...who knows why lol :shrugs:
Which is why if someone is gung ho in getting a made in France, there's a bigger chance of getting it there. I heard someone mention this before.

pink_bai2bi said:
Sorry, I know this is the LV subforum... but do you recall what the price differences were like for Chanel bags? I'm curious as to how much cheaper the prices are... Thanks!
I broke down and bought a dark red Chanel Caviar Classic with silver hardware for $1070, the price is usually $1125. Chanel had all the newest colors in display. These are some of the colors for the fall for the Caviar Classic and I believe they all came with the silver hardware.
Purple
Dark Brown
Dark Red
Grey
Black
I didn't check other bags for prices since I was only interested in the dark red caviar classic.

fayewolf said:
I got my first LV bag from Hawaii too! Super nice SAs, but becareful, it's very crowded, the japanese tourist buy LOADS of stuff there.

You are so right, the Japanese tourist are all over the LV's and Gucci's. Those 2 places are crowded all the time. I was the only person in Chanel when I bought my bag. Hermes didn't have anybody in there so I went in . The SA was friendly and was very pleasant when I asked to see the Kelly Fuchsia Ostrich bag:love::heart:. That bag is TDF but for $11,000 all I could do is just touch it and hold it:crybaby:

Lola24 said:
The last few times I've been to Hawaii (past 3 Thanksgivings) chanel has been MORE expensive.....everything else it at least a little cheaper but not Chanel for some reason. The SA's say they fluctuate but I always see higher than continental US prices.......

Last summer when I was in Hawaii, I noticed that some of the bags were higher (I figured it was to make up for the difference in the lower sales tax) The jewelry though were pretty much the same in prices. Now a couple days ago, I bought a Chanel Caviar Classic for $1070. I told the SA that I bought my white caviar in CA several months ago for $1125 and she said that is the price everywhere but Hawaii. I also noticed that some of the jewelry are also cheaper. I guess it's a hit and miss thing....

chanelvgirl said:
Last summer when I was in Hawaii, I noticed that some of the bags were higher (I figured it was to make up for the difference in the lower sales tax) The jewelry though were pretty much the same in prices. Now a couple days ago, I bought a Chanel Caviar Classic for $1070. I told the SA that I bought my white caviar in CA several months ago for $1125 and she said that is the price everywhere but Hawaii. I also noticed that some of the jewelry are also cheaper. I guess it's a hit and miss thing....

glad to hear you scored on a chanel!!! i must go there soon! from my experience the boutiques (with exception to LV) in waikiki are less crowded than the ala moana center boutiques. last summer i went to gucci in waikiki and it was EMPTY which meant better selection for sale items :smile:

chanelvgirl said:
I broke down and bought a dark red Chanel Caviar Classic with silver hardware for $1070, the price is usually $1125. Chanel had all the newest colors in display. These are some of the colors for the fall for the Caviar Classic and I believe they all came with the silver hardware.
Purple
Dark Brown
Dark Red
Grey
Black
I didn't check other bags for prices since I was only interested in the dark red caviar classic.

Is this the east-west single flap or the small double flap? The medium, I got, was $1475... I didn't know Chanel had a flap for $1070, unless it's the small size or the east-west flap.

Sorry for all the questions:rolleyes: I'm wondering if I should order from there or not.. hehe.:flowers: