LV Popularity in Asia/China/etc.?

I don't know how true it is but I once read somewhere that the Asian LV collectors don't like like the new color of the leather. So they spend time "tanning" the bags before using them. It's a status things so that it looks as if they have been collecting years (what this old thing!!)

Everytime I've entered an LV store, whether it is in Santa Clara, CA, Palo Alto, CA, San Francisco, CA, South Coast Plaza, Costa Mesa, or Waikiki, HI, 99 % have been Asians, 1% filipino (I'm that 1%)They just :heart:this stuff and can't get enough of it. Chanel is not quite popular with the younger asians, only with the older ladies in their late 30's and up (from what I have seen so this is only my opinion). I see more of Chanel on caucasians, not LV's, especially on the upper middle class.

:huh: I'm suprised!! So many Taiwanese in this forum :smile:. I"d love to get the address of your aunt and uncle's mexican resteraunt in Taipei if you could? I actually stay in Taichung when I go back and visit though :smile:

i went to japan this past spring and i have never seen so many designer handbags in my life. more birkins too!

prior to our trip we purchased travel books and one of them said that for young girls in japan, purchasing an LV is like a coming of age or becoming a useful adult or something. it was pretty funny and sad at the same time. i should find that book and quote it properly lol.

Yea, apparently it's really big there. My parents were from HK & they have a few LV things from there (while I on the other hand have nothing lol)
Designer stores are everywhere there though..*sigh* I need to go there to shop someday.

i believe that that the Louis Vuitton in China is one of the most expensive LVs in the world. I did checked out the prices at the LV boutiques and it is almost twice the amount sold in Paris. Also when I walked into the store in Shanghai, I felt uncomfortable coz only the really rich shops there, and the SA will give you that snotty look. Anyways, I won't buy LVs in China for sure. But there are so many fakes in streets though.

yes japanese are the craziest wiht this brand. because i think the income there is also big (still average compared to the expense there), but it's easier for younger girls to purchase lv with THEIR own money.

and i think i read one of the most astounding fact too, that MOST of the income from the DESIGNER'S LABELS are come from MIDDLE EAST and ASIAN instead of any other country.