LV paper bags now MADE IN CHINA

LV trusted China(Same quality with HUNGRY and unknown countries.) with their packaging. Thats it. I just want to know where are the other paper bags are made?

Last edited:
The title of this thread is sensational and alarmist, it should have made reference to packaging or paper not the way you titled it.

I don't give a hoot where my packaging is from and I do not think it is indicative of the direction of LV.

Not trying to come off like a brat.. but why is that important? I'm very curious.

It's important for political reasons more than quality reasons.

Did you hear on the news that the olympic athletes are having problems breathing in China? China is having a manufacturing boom at the expense of the environment. Their environmental laws are either lax or ignored. The other issue is the unfair labor practices.

So when you hear that LV is making even their packing materials there it casts a negative light on their image. Vuitton takes pride in the fact that their luggage and handbags are made under strict quality controls in countries that adhere to mfg. methods that limit pollution. These methods are more expensive. The employees who make these hand made items are paid a fair wage, unlike the Chinese workers who make :tdown:brown paper LV bags and purses like Coach.

I hate the fact that handbags made in China are much cheaper for the companies that manufacture them, but of course the prices don't reflect that. The companies save so much money, but the consumers save nothing in lower prices and pay the expense indirectly in pollution. Evidence of China's pollution has been found as far away as the Rocky Mts. And don't even get me started on the 2nd most polluting country - the USA! Which has been much worse under the Bush administration.

Sorry for the rant, but I wasn't aware of the brown bag issue and the next time I buy something at LV I'll bring my own bag and refuse theirs if they're made in China.

It's important for political reasons more than quality reasons.

Did you hear on the news that the olympic athletes are having problems breathing in China? China is having a manufacturing boom at the expense of the environment. Their environmental laws are either lax or ignored. The other issue is the unfair labor practices.

So when you hear that LV is making even their packing materials there it casts a negative light on their image. Vuitton takes pride in the fact that their luggage and handbags are made under strict quality controls in countries that adhere to mfg. methods that limit pollution. These methods are more expensive. The employees who make these hand made items are paid a fair wage, unlike the Chinese workers who make :tdown:brown paper LV bags and purses like Coach.

I hate the fact that handbags made in China are much cheaper for the companies that manufacture them, but of course the prices don't reflect that. The companies save so much money, but the consumers save nothing in lower prices and pay the expense indirectly in pollution. Evidence of China's pollution has been found as far away as the Rocky Mts. And don't even get me started on the 2nd most polluting country - the USA! Which has been much worse under the Bush administration.

Sorry for the rant, but I wasn't aware of the brown bag issue and the next time I buy something at LV I'll bring my own bag and refuse theirs if they're made in China.

TOTALLY AGREE 1 Million percent! This is one of the reasons I moved on to LV from Coach bags. At first Coach went to Turkey, Guam, Puerto Rico, then OFF to China Full force. Did they make a drop in their prices...NOPE, more money for their pockets. No offense to the Asians on the TPF, but I won't even buy a pair of Shoes from China. I look and look and look because even the high priced shoes companies are doing this...

If LV goes and starts making in China and saying it is the same as Made in France, then I will move on again!!