LV Owners: Do You Like When the Patina Sets in on the leather

How do you like your mono canvas LV leather?

1. When it is in its original light color shade

2. When it changes to a honey color

3. When it changes to its lifetime shade of a dark brown color

4. It does not matter

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. I own quite a few monogram canvas Louis Vuitton products. However, I am little fearful when the bag has too much leather on it because at some point it turns from its original light color leather to a honey color and eventually a dark brown color. Do you think it is attractive when the patina gradually sets in on the LV leather?

***Share your tips and opinions, as well as don't forget to vote above***
  2. Now that my bags have begun to patina, I miss the original light color......guess that means I must go get a new one!:biggrin:

I think the light patina is pretty whereas the darker is nice on some styles of the mono canvas but not necessarily on others.
  3. I don't mind that the color changes, I don't like it when it's uneven though.
  4. I like the light color, but what really bugs me about the vachetta is its sensitivity to water, dust, dirt, everything. In order to get a beautiful patina, you have to watch everything that you do. The dark honey of the patina is pretty, but only when it is a clean honey, not a dark patina obtained through dirtiness.
  5. like i've posted before, the patina is the reason why i don't buy lv monogram or multicolor bags.
  6. I don't like when it changes color at all, thats why I don't buy an LV bag that has that affect if I'm not absolutely in love with the bag. My SA says that the handles and most leather can be replaced for a fee though, so whenever it gets that bad I'll just take it in to have it changed out. I really can't stand how ancient it looks once it gets to be a certain shade of brown.
  7. Most of my LV bags have got a light honey coloured patina on the leather parts. I rather not take them out in the sun.
    Actually the weather is hardly ever hot and sunny here in Northern Europe. :sad:

But I rather have darker brown handles than natural light beige, since most fake :mad: bags have got very light ones.
  8. I like when they turn but I leave them by a window for a few months and rotate the bag. When I finally begin to use them the color is even and they never look dark and dirty.
  9. You're a genius!! :nuts:
  10. I like the way the patina looks. It gives the bag a more vintage look, something I really like.
  11. Yeah...I put mine out in the sun on a little towel, and rotate it every 15 minutes or so...when I bought my Popincourt Haut, I didn't like that it looked BRAND new, and so "tanning" it for a couple days really helped.
  12. I read on a website that in Japan they wait til their LV's get darker before they will carry them b/c they think the light leather makes them look like a LV "newbie".

I actually like when the patina is a nice honey color, but I don't like LV's that are super dark on the handles b/c I think it looks kinda dirty.

I love the honey colored patina on my LV speedy and I don't want it to change! :lol: Its a nice even color w/no stains.

I've found that some dept stores mark down Coach and Dooney stuff that has gotten dark. I got my coach wallet that way- it was $198 originally and they marked it down to $78- this was at Hecht's. The ouside is a nice honey color but the inside is still so light :biggrin: For that price, I didn't care! Here's a pic:
  13. Don't mind it turning too much, but anything after 10 years just look a little toooooo worn. Can't really be comfortable from the hand me downs from my parents..............i know, i sound like a spoiled brat.....
  14. As I posted on another thread, being a horsewoman from way back, I prefer leather to not look "new". Whenever we bought a new saddle, I'd spend weeks putting neatsfoot oil on it to darken and soften the leather. That said, I'll be letting my LV vachetta leather darken on it's own. I think it's most attractive with that honey patina, and yes, I won't feel like such an LV newbie! :p
  15. I love the patina on my bags; the thing just gets better and more fun to carry.