Luisaviaroma taking Pre-orders for Violine & Jaune d'Or

larnette

Organized Chaos
Nov 20, 2006
Hi all,

Just thoguht I'd pass along that LVR is taking pre-orders for the coveted Violine (Purple) and Jaune d'Or (yellow), both of which will supposedly ship out in September fromn LVR.

Here's a link to their BBag page.

I just ordered my Violine City with Silver GH--can't wait! Just FYI, you have to pay ahead of time and then the bag will automatcially ship out when they get it in.

I just tested logging in to Luisviaroma site. Looks like they charge $50 shipping to U.S. Did anyone have any experience ordering from them? Were you charged with duty to ship to U.S.? TIA!

My DH ordered a bag from them last Christmas.

He was charged ~10% duties from FedEx. And IIRC he had jump through some hoops to sign for/receive the bag.

And the bag must be returned within 10 day I think.

So be very sure before you place an order ;)

I just tested logging in to Luisviaroma site. Looks like they charge $50 shipping to U.S. Did anyone have any experience ordering from them? Were you charged with duty to ship to U.S.? TIA!

I have ordered from them- great customer service but you will be charged customs fees if ordering in US and they send with FedEx which had some delays getting it through customs. Then you sign for it. I hate waiting for a package that I have to sign for.
Also returns are a PIA from US.
I tried to return shoes and could not through USPS. I was told that they could not get shoes through Italy customs and I may get charged by Italian customs. I never heard this before and gave up. I have the shoes still but learned my lesson. I don't order something unless I am sure that I want it.
They are seriously very very nice to deal with.

I will be in Italy (on holiday) from mid-September to mid-October and will be visiting both the Florence & Rome LVR stores.

I'll keep folks posted as to what I see ... I can always bring a bag (or two) back with me.

POSTSCRIPT on the Violet GRANDE Matelasse that I [thought] had been ordered for me ... alas, I found out just last week, that they were not able to get it ... needless to say, I am wicked bummed :crybaby:!