Louis Vuitton price increase...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somebody needs to tell US Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke about this! Forget the mortgage rate crisis -- this is a true economic disaster for Americans!!!!
You're so funny! But you're right! If we can buy LV, we are helping support the US economy as a whole, but now with this price increase (holy cow! 30% on sig. pieces!!??, I heard 5%), not all of us can do that so easily!

30% sounds a bit off. I just called my LV to ask and the SA I spoke with is not releasing any information. She said that they have not been informed of an increase. Her lips are sealed ...... for sure.

Just called "866" and the CSR told me "never" to 30%. She confirmed Jan. 23rd as the date, she couldn't tell me which items, or exactly how much, but she said it would be in the normal 3 - 7 % price increase.

I just got off the phone with my SA and he confirmed that there is a 5% increase with a 30% increase on signature items... but since I reserved my speedy 40 last week... he is selling it to me at that price... LOVE HIM! but yeah... Louis Vuitton makes enough money off of us, is it really so necessary to raise the price THIS much? 5% i can handle... but 30%... ahh!

angelcross2,

I believe that. 30% sounds ridiculous. That would mean an Alma (mono or Damier), considering that is a signature piece, would cost $1170 from the present price of $900. That's an awfully high price increase.

I called "866" again and explained our current quandry. The CSR was very nice. She transferred me to a CSR that works in corporate. That CSR put me on hold for ten minutes while she checked the exact increase -- 5% accross the board. She reiterated what the original CSR told me. Normal price increase, Jan. 23rd, not on all items. I guess we'll see on Wednesday ...

Status
Not open for further replies.