Votes: 2 100.0%
  • vintega

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • stamp

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
I wonder.

Why is there no "made in stamp"?

What do you mean "louis vuitton malletier"?

Made in USA Meaning?

"Mallertier" What do you mean?

thank you for the reply.
Simply put, there is no made in stamp because that's how they were made at the time. You said you already knew this.

"Made in USA" means the bag was made in the USA. I'm not sure what else you think it might mean?

I am not an authenticator. I have no opinion as to the authenticity of this bag. You can pay for an authentication from a third party authenticator for approximately $10 US if you have a question if the bag is fake. I believe when you see Malletier on the tab like that it means that the item was made in the USA. It is how things were done in the 1980s.

If you purchased the bag online, and you have a link to the sale, there is an "authenticate this LV" thread here on the forum. Be sure to read the first post in the thread to see what you need as far as pictures and links.

Also, a please and thank you go far in getting a response to your posts over there.

Hi,

I recently purchased a preloved epi neverfull, however there is no date code. It has just had the handles replaced which is where the code is typically. It doesn't have pochette to check either.

Is it likely that the date code was not put on the new handles?!

Thanks a lot!

I'm new here and can't find the authentication thread. My post was deleted from the date code thread which was my question. Please link me to that thread please. Here goes again. Hello there. I have an old LV 6 keyhole and I think my sister who was a district manager for LV about 14/15 years ago gave me. People on poshmark are telling me it's a fake because it doesn't have a date code but it came directly from a LV store obviously. Did they use date codes that long ago? Here are photos. Please help. Thanks
I tried to send you a private message to help you, but your account settings don’t allow me to do so. If you’re interested in more information about your piece, feel free to send me a private message. Cheers.

It was removed yes. But I couldn't find the correct thread. I don't want it authenticated. I asked if one that old would have a date code. They are not photos of a counterfeit item and I'm insulted you would suggest that. Obviously no one wants to help anyone here and that's a joke! Canceling my account. Ridiculous site! I just needed help!
People are trying to help you. So, presuming your sister gave you this as a new item in 2003 then yes, it absolutely should have a datecode. LV started using datecodes back in the 80s.

Reactions: fabuleux
I apologize if this has already been addressed. I did a search and could not find anything.

Is it possible to have an LV item with no date code? I am thinking of purchasing a Ariane wallet and am being told that it is a “new production item” purchased in Nordstrom’s and bc of that there is no date code. Should I steer clear? TIA!

I apologize if this has already been addressed. I did a search and could not find anything.

Is it possible to have an LV item with no date code? I am thinking of purchasing a Ariane wallet and am being told that it is a “new production item” purchased in Nordstrom’s and bc of that there is no date code. Should I steer clear? TIA!
Where are you buying it from? I don’t have this wallet but it should have a date code. I would have it authenticated before buying..it should have a date code regardless if it’s a new item from Nordstroms...

I believe there should be a date code foil stamped or embossed on any of the SLGs (depending on if its the canvas or all leather version). They are usually hidden close to the seams or under a credit card slot somewhere. You can't believe everything you hear from some of these people.

Reactions: Cfriend76
Hello ladies

I just received a chain Louise GM from fashionphile. They gave me a card with the wrong date code it says Louise MM. I have looked everywhere in the bag for the code but I cant find it. Anyone knows where it is.

Thanks

I dont know if I am in the right forum to ask about authentic Louis Vuitton bags. I have a speedy 30 from the 1990s and the date code is under the pocket. How about the late 80’s speedy bag? Is the location the same? I just found a very vintage one but the date code was stamped on the opposite side, in front of the pocket. Is that a fake?

Attachments

• 2A0DB766-4114-4D7A-B813-7BD3F724FA42.jpeg
    2A0DB766-4114-4D7A-B813-7BD3F724FA42.jpeg
    185.3 KB · Views: 66
I dont know if I am in the right forum to ask about authentic Louis Vuitton bags. I have a speedy 30 from the 1990s and the date code is under the pocket. How about the late 80’s speedy bag? Is the location the same? I just found a very vintage one but the date code was stamped on the opposite side, in front of the pocket. Is that a fake?
For authentication, post in the dedicated thread located in the Louis Vuitton Shopping subforum.