Louis Vuitton Artsy MM Canvas Issues-Turning white

EstyMomma

Nov 27, 2018
This is my first LV and it is almost 2 years old. The sides of the purse have turned white in spots. The bottom still looks brand new. I have cleaned it gently with a white rag and water. I have also used alcohol free baby wipes to clean the canvas and nothing helps :sad: When it is wet it completely disappears and looks brand new but as soon as it dries they show up again... its like it needs conditioning or an oil or something? Anyone have any advice or had this happen? I am soooo so sad it looks this awful after less than 2 years. You can see it in the picture. :sad:

Attachments

• IMG_3446.jpg
    IMG_3446.jpg
    246 KB · Views: 1,322
I have a toiletry case that has the same issue. I bought it last spring. I've been careful with it, so I couldn't understand where the white marks came from (like your bag, it looks better w/ water on it). I wonder if you should ask your SA about it. Good luck!

I have a toiletry case that has the same issue. I bought it last spring. I've been careful with it, so I couldn't understand where the white marks came from (like your bag, it looks better w/ water on it). I wonder if you should ask your SA about it. Good luck!
I don't get it either! The bottom looks brand new so it can't possible be a wear issue or dirt. I called and they asked me to send in pictures. I live about 6 hours away from the closest store !!! Thank you!

Reactions: Cate14 and Missy716
No I haven't had any accidents with it at all. I tried the alcohol free baby wipes today.... while its still wet it looks brand new then as soon as it dries... white again. Hopefully the pictures I emailed will be enough for me to send in. This is my first LV purchase... all of my husband's wallets look brand new after years I am so bummed.

Do both sides of the purse show the same problem? It almost looks like a chemical reaction that ate away the canvas. Perhaps they used a defective piece of canvas that wasn’t sealed properly for that part of the purse. Send pictures and don’t give up if LV tries to say this is normal wear and tear.

I have had LV bags for over 25 years with no issues. Vintage bags were made so much better. It’s sad to read about all the defects people have on their bags.
Good luck.

Reactions: missconvy
Do both sides of the purse show the same problem? It almost looks like a chemical reaction that ate away the canvas. Perhaps they used a defective piece of canvas that wasn’t sealed properly for that part of the purse. Send pictures and don’t give up if LV tries to say this is normal wear and tear.

I have had LV bags for over 25 years with no issues. Vintage bags were made so much better. It’s sad to read about all the defects people have on their bags.
Good luck.
Yes both sides have the same white/peeling issue. I feel the same it's almost like the canvas wasn't sealed or something (if that makes any sense) thank you for the advice, I sent them multiple pictures and I am going to stay after it. I planned on this purse lasting me for years and it's very devastating less than 2 years later it looks like this.

Bring your bag to the closest store or send photos to LV. They will replace your bag. This is not normal wear and tear.

I hope so! I live about 6 hours away so hopefully pictures will be enough. THANK you for the advice though, it at least gives me hope! I shouldn't have Tory Burch and Michael Kors purses in better condition than this one :doh:

I am so hoping they do! I haven't gotten any responses from my emails. I will keep you all posted thank you for the advice!!!
I'm having the exact problem w my Artsy and it's also less than 2 yrs old! Can you please tell me what LV said about this issue? I'm planning to take mine by a store in the next couple of weeks.