Looking for Man's best friend... help me!!

It's been awhile since I've given you all an update. Since my last post we have decided to get a golden retriever. We have interviewed a gagillion breeders and finally this past Saturday we found the right pair and feel head over heels for a sweet blonde girl. I knew it was love when she pooted (passed gas) on me. HAHAHA! :roflmfao:

I can't wait to start posting pictures of her. She is 8 days old today.. so it's going to be awhile before we pick her up, but in the meanwhile we will be prepping.. getting the right toys and supplies, deciding on training words, food, ... yup we have a lot to learn! Pictures to follow shortly! Oh, and we are of course trying to come up with names for the little lady!!

That's exciting, Kitty! Goldens are such amazingly wonderful dogs... the kind you can take anywhere, and have the best temperments. Good decision! Can't wait to see pics!

Congratulations! Golden Retrievers live to please their owners and are usually very easy to train. Enjoy your new fur baby and be sure to post photos when you get her home.:yahoo:

Thank you! It will be a good first dog that we get to train and such. We just really ended up looking at all the activities that we normally do, and we are always around people and I think this breed will really thrive off of that... like we do!

Then, I am sure we will be adding a dog in the future and the golden will make a good doggy ambassador for our family. I can't wait to have pictures to share with you all!

Aw - congratulations! I'm sure she is adorable!
I think it is wonderful that you went through so much research to find the perfect dog for your family and lifestyle. Too many people just bring pets home on impulse without planning or thinking, then drop them off at the pound when the novelty wears off...
Kudos to you - I wish all pet owners were as thoughtful!