Longchamp repair & cleaning

Ah yeah, they sell that at the Duty Free store here. I've always looked at it and thought about whether or not I should get it. Anyways I'm going overseas in July so there's possiblity of me getting it but do you guys recommend the bag? Is it a good bag?

I highly recommend it for travel. I keep mine folded up in my luggage and use it for my overflow items on return (I tend to shop on vacation). Then I use it as my carryon when I return.

I've used baby wipes to clean it as well. I've had mine FOR YEARS and it really does look brand new.

Hey guys, I have the Longchamp Le Pliage tote in the largest size that I use for school. I admit, I'm a little careless :shame: with it and there are some minor stains on the bottom of it. I have never cleaned it before mainly because I have no idea how to without ruining it. I have heard of some people throwing them in the washing machine, does this work? Do you put it in the dryer or hang it? What about the stains, what kind of stain remover should I get? Or should I take the bag to the dry cleaners? :confused1: Help, I'm totally clueless and I want the bag to be fresh and clean for the new school year in September.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have several Le pliages and I just get a towel and moisten it a bit and just rub out the stains. If it's a stubborn stain maybe use a little bit of tide. I've never stuck mine in the washer but I have heard people say they've done it.

I would not put mine in the washer either. I usually just clean with a sponge and some water. I would maybe use a little detergent if it was really bad, but I would probably keep it light so as to not lose the color.

nooooooooo washing machine! bad for the leather! i handwash with mild soap in the sink, then hang dry. Works like a charm to freshen up, though the ink stains are usually permanent.

Here's official care instructions:
Le Pliage

SYNTHETIC TRIMMED WITH COWHIDE LEATHER
To remove any stains, simply brush softly with neutral soap and water.
Avoid moistening leather when cleaning.
Use a Longchamp cream on leather trimmings if necessary.

I wash the canvas with some water and a bit of liquid soap and scrub it out. It seems to work quite well. My mother-in-law always throws hers in the wash, and from what I've seen, the leather holds up; but there's really no need if you have a few minutes to handwash it.

I put my pliage in the washing machine in the wool program with woll shampoo. It works perfectly and the leather handles never suffered because the wool program uses cold water and doesn't spin-dry. After the washing machine I placed it on a towel and let it dry. When it's dry I condition the handles. I've my XXl pliage for a couple of years now and usually wash it 1-2 a year and it still looks new.

Reactions: USCGirlie
Throw it in the washing machine after you use some shout spray gel on the stain. The bag will be fine..just air dry, inside out. It will take a few days for it to dry fully. I stick my longchamps and my prada nylons in the washer and they are just fine. If you are nervous, wash inside a pillowcase (knot it shut).

Just editing to add that if you are still nervous :smile: hand wash in sink with woolite.

I have a question regarding the pillowcase. Does it matter what color pillow case you use?

i just scrub it with the cleaning product....=P
coz this is the only way i can try to make my white bag clean.....

actually i can't really clean it back to looks like new, coz u know......
WHITE BAGS PROBLEM....

I have a red one and I put it in the washing machine a lot. I use it as a carry on so after it gets all dirty on a trip I wash it in the washing machine just like I would anything else and it comes out fine.

Does the water have to be a certain temperature? I have a white one and have tried dish soap and a tide to go pen and neither really get it clean. I want to stick it in the wash, but it was a b-day gift from last year and I'd rather not ruin it!