Long Beach, CA??

BeBeStyle

Love Life
Dec 19, 2006
Does anyone live in this area? Can you tell me anything about it? Where are the kid friendly neighborhoods etc? Thanks!

My DH is working there and I just moved from AZ to CO, but am having a really hard time with him gone, so I am debating picking up and moving me and the kids AGAIN!! I am going literally insane without him. I have been so depressed it is awful:crybaby: I miss my Husband!!
Anyways, any info you have is apprecaited. Do you know of any Moms playgroups for the kids or areas that are with younger kids (mine are 2 and 8)..
TIA

I don't live IN LB, but I live about 15-20 mins away.

When I hear of Long Beach...only 1 word comes to my mind= ghetto.

Unless you're living on Ocean Blvd..that's the nicer part. But the majority is pretty...ghetto.

LB is apart of Los Angeles.

If you're looking for a better place to live, I think you should live near Sunset Beach..it's the next city over. Not too far.

:smile:

^^Huh? Yes, LB has a pretty nasty part. But Belmont Shore, Belmont Heights, Bluff Heights, Naples, and Bluff Park are amazing areas. You want to be east of Redondo street and south of 3rd street in those areas I named. Further north is Bixby Knolls, pretty good area. That said, overall I don't think LB is a great kid place. I would seriously consider Rossmoor, which is an unincorporated area of Orange County, and big time kid area, people move there just for the schools. Rossmoor is the furthest east city in OC, very close to Long Beach, but much better for raising a family. If you want more info please feel free to PM me.

Yeah, if you can afford Belmont Shores, move there - it's a cute little community with some cool restaurants and boutiques. One city down is Seal Beach (technically in the OC) and that would be a great family friendly area. Just stick to the parts closest to the beach and you'll be fine. There are definitely poor parts of LB that you don't want to live in!

Thanks everyone! So far I have no clue where we are looking in LB, just that my DH is already there and has been looking around. I just want to make sure we are in a kid friendly area. My DD (8 yrs) has already moved 4 times and I want this to be the last time. I really am looking for a neighborhood that has kids out playing and is safe (safe as it can be these days).

TIA

Long Beach has a huge, and I mean 'huge' park, called El Dorado. The neighborhood that surrounds it isn't too expensive, it's very well kept and your kids would have a blast in the park.

Thanks everyone! So far I have no clue where we are looking in LB, just that my DH is already there and has been looking around. I just want to make sure we are in a kid friendly area. My DD (8 yrs) has already moved 4 times and I want this to be the last time. I really am looking for a neighborhood that has kids out playing and is safe (safe as it can be these days).

TIA

Like I said, PM me if you want serious detail, and have him check Rossmoor too.