Loewe ORIGINAL Puzzle Bag: To Be Discontinued? Or Not?

BareniaKelly

Jan 24, 2024
So I was told by a Loewe SA that the original puzzle is not being replaced by the "Edge", but that is not what I am seeing or hearing.

I have seen a small puzzle bag on Loewe's site that costs as much as a large one, made from the classic leather (not satin which is more expensive) that is being sold with an extra strap.

Are they keeping the ORIGINAL puzzle (I am not going to call it "Classic" because I heard that they are beginning to call the "Edge" that now?) and increasing their prices? So that the original is priced higher than the edge / new version?

Or that small original puzzle in classic leather with two straps is only more expensive because it is sold with two straps?

Anyone knows what is going on?

Reactions: iseebearbears
They are keeping the original but only in very limited colors (none of the classic neutrals) and in the satin ones. You can just check the website and see what it’s still offered in

Thanks for that.

This so called "satin" leather is the more shiny and stiff leather compared to the "classic" is that correct?

I know the satin is priced higher, so if the original puzzle is only going to be offered in satin leather, then that is definitely the original positioned at a higher price bracket.

I was just wondering if buying two original puzzle bags in a hurry was a mistake. If the original puzzle is going to be continued. The secondary market is just too much for me. As a result I had to buy them in whatever limited colour choices that Loewe have at the moment. None of them colours I would have otherwise chosen.

Looks like I am OK with my decision :biggrin:

Hopefully these colours will give some excitement to my normal colour scheme. One already has :heart:

Thank you again :flowers:

Last edited:
Right. Thanks for that.

This so called "satin" leather is the more shiny and stiff leather compared to the "classic" is that correct?

I am just trying to decide if my purchasing two of the original puzzle bag was too rash a decision given that I ended up with colours which were not my first choice, although ones I am growing very much to love.
Yup - the traditional leather is smooth or grained calkskin versions. And then they introduced the satin calfskin which is the shinier one. If you are having doubts I’d return! The bags are too expensive to regret. Personally, the edge grew on me and I like it more than the original now.

Yup - the traditional leather is smooth or grained calkskin versions. And then they introduced the satin calfskin which is the shinier one. If you are having doubts I’d return! The bags are too expensive to regret. Personally, the edge grew on me and I like it more than the original now.

Having the large messenger hobo puzzle Edge, I am convinced that the original, and not the edge style, is for me. I want the pieces to collapse onto each other, in a way that is just so, which for me only the original can provide, because of how it is constructed.

The colours are not as much forced on me, as they have been decided for me. If that make sense.

Yes, they are super expensive which shocked me since I have been away from the scene a bit. They are also so super popular now. Something else I was not prepared for. This means trying to find one in the secondary market is a nightmare. So I wont be doing that again.

I asked myself how badly I want the original puzzle bag in the classic leather, and NO OTHER leather, in the large size (Forget medium, I can not find it anywhere, not directly from Loewe), and how likely am I to be able to get these combination from Loewe directly in the future. Those answers were weighted against the available colours that I can see being incorporated into my life, but not my conventional first choices in normal circumstances, and I decided that the former outweigh the latter :happydance:

The first colour ended up working out great.

The second is still on its way to me.

It is the Asphalt Grey.

That grey looks sooooo different from each other on the photos that I can find online.

Fingers crossed.

Last edited:
I have the original small Puzzle in Asphalt grey and love it very much! It's a rich beautiful grey - a very versatile color!

I don't like the Edge version too, I think the Puzzle has lost its original character, and I'm glad to have my small one in Asphalt grey.

Good luck! I hope you like it too!

Reactions: BareniaKelly
Having the large messenger hobo puzzle Edge, I am convinced that the original, and not the edge style, is for me. I want the pieces to collapse onto each other, in a way that is just so, which for me only the original can provide, because of how it is constructed.

The colours are not as much forced on me, as they have been decided for me. If that make sense.

Yes, they are super expensive which shocked me since I have been away from the scene a bit. They are also so super popular now. Something else I was not prepared for. This means trying to find one in the secondary market is a nightmare. So I wont be doing that again.

I asked myself how badly I want the original puzzle bag in the classic leather, and NO OTHER leather, in the large size (Forget medium, I can not find it anywhere, not directly from Loewe), and how likely am I to be able to get these combination from Loewe directly in the future. Those answers were weighted against the available colours that I can see being incorporated into my life, but not my conventional first choices in normal circumstances, and I decided that the former outweigh the latter

The first colour ended up working out great.

The second is still on its way to me.

It is the Asphalt Grey.

That grey looks sooooo different from each other on the photos that I can find online.

Fingers crossed.

See my answer above. Sorry for my confusion! :flowers:

Last edited:
I have the original small Puzzle in Asphalt grey and love it very much! It's a rich beautiful grey - a very versatile color!

I don't like the Edge version too, I think the Puzzle has lost its original character, and I'm glad to have my small one in Asphalt grey.

Good luck! I hope you like it too!

I have heard people loving theirs! There should be a dedicated thread about this colour it is so hard to pin down! :biggrin:

Reactions: atlantique
I have heard people loving theirs! There should be a dedicated thread about this colour it is so hard to pin down!
I think it's a question of personal preference - and that's a good thing. More variety on our streets :smile: !

I'm looking forward to see your Puzzle in asphalt when it arrives! Please share some pics with us! There are some pics in the Puzzle subforum from my Asphalt bag.

I think it's a question of personal preference - and that's a good thing. More variety on our streets :smile: !

I'm looking forward to see your Puzzle in asphalt when it arrives! Please share some pics with us! There are some pics in the Puzzle subforum from my Asphalt bag.
I think I might have seen that photo! There was only a handful of photos of this colour here for some reason. The older versions seem darker than more recent ones. There was one photo from January 2024 that is lighter than yours. That is the most recent asphalt grey I can find here in the forum.

The one I bought, looks even lighter, at least it looks so on Loewe's website. SA told me that is how it looks in real life.

Which means the colour they call "Asphalt Grey" has changed a bit throughout the years.

This makes me a little nervous 😆

I will update for sure!

Last edited:
Reactions: atlantique
It's beautiful! I like it very much! Enyoy it!

The color is darker then on the LOEWE webside, but it's a bit brighter than mine. I think it's because of the different leather. I have the grained leather on my Puzzle.

• Love