Little upset with a Coach SA

It doesn't matter what is going on with the store, an employees first priority is to make the customer happy. I go through it everyday being a waitress. You hold your tongue and just smile. Kill people with kindness. I have never been rude as much as I wanted to be. Some people are just not cut out to work with people, believe me I would know...I see some people who are so rude to customers and they are out the door the next day. Yes the customer is not always right but you have to explain things nicely so both people can be happy. The customer will be happy when he/she gets what they want and the employee will be happy knowing that they helped someone. Thats my outlook on the situation.

ACTUALLY, unless she works there, she doesn't know the situation. and sales associates don't know the cashier's situations or the stock situations, and vice versa. like i said it could have been handled better, but no one knows what is really going on in that time or place. everyone's perception of each situation is going to be skewed so whatever.

It doesn't matter what is going on with the store, an employees first priority is to make the customer happy. I go through it everyday being a waitress. You hold your tongue and just smile. Kill people with kindness. I have never been rude as much as I wanted to be. Some people are just not cut out to work with people, believe me I would know...I see some people who are so rude to customers and they are out the door the next day. Yes the customer is not always right but you have to explain things nicely so both people can be happy. The customer will be happy when he/she gets what they want and the employee will be happy knowing that they helped someone. Thats my outlook on the situation.

Some people get it and some people don't. There were days when I was working retail that I wanted to tell people off SO badly but I didn't. My job was to turn the situation around so that if they customer didn't get what they wanted (and occasionally they did not), they left understanding why and they did not have a bad taste about it. Of course you get the occasional person who is expecting the moon and there's no way they are going to get it and they don't/won't understand why but you should still never be rude about it no matter what. Not everyone is cut out for retail- it's a tough line of work.

I went to the Coach boutique at SCP yesterday to exchange a purse for my mom. I was with my little cousin (she's 4) and was browsing around the entire store. A lot of the SAs were really nice asking me if I needed help and was friendly with my cousins asking for her name, age, things of that nature. One SA asked if she wanted a sticker and her being shy she said no. So I said maybe she'll want one later. So I go to the counter to do the exchange and the SA at the register wasn't friendly at all. She even kind of accused me of wanting to return one bag and buy it back later with PCE. Because I had asked her if we got a call that certain people could come the day before PCE started. But I wasn't even returning I was exchanging. So then I remembered to ask for a sticker for my cousin, and that SA looks at me for a second and LIES to me. Tells me, 'No sorry we don't have any stickers'. Now I'm thinking WTF? The other SA just offered me one and she's telling me NO? So I go find the other SA and tell her my cousin wants a sticker now. She's only 4, but she remembered about the sticker. I asked her if she still wanted it, she told me, well you said later. So I asked the SA that offered, and she went behind the counter and gave her a sticker. My cousin puts it on her hand and kept it there the entire day.

I was soooo upset. It's just a sticker for a little girl!! What's wrong with her! Accusing me of trying to return and use PCE later, and denying a sticker? I don't even have intentions of buying another purse, I'm only going to use PCE for accessories for Xmas gifts. I just had to rant. *sigh*

I'm sorry this happened to you!! I'm wondering, since this "SA" was behind the counter, on the register maybe she was seasonal. The seasonal people really don't understand C.S. and are mainly working for the discount. (sorry to those who are seasonal if this doesn't describe you.) Please don't get me wrong, there are many seasonal people that are awesome!

My S.A. who I have been dealing with since 2005 (I will not deal with anyone else) has said that she cannot wait until the seasonal people are gone because they give misinformation. For example; I called the store to see if they can get me the Bleecker Magenta Large Duffle and they told me they cannot. My S.A. told me Monday that JAX had 100. I bought it on eBay and would rather have bought it from the store.

Whenever I go to my Coach store, they are so welcoming to my children. No matter how busy they are they always make time for our family. The managers even let my 9 yo daughter "model" their pouches in their window. (she loves it). They always talk to my boys as well. (10 and 13)

I hope you have a great experience in the future. Their is no excuse for rudeness, especially at a high-end boutique. (or even Wal-mart for that matter) I don't care what time of year it is.

Next time, speak to the manager about a price match or an exchange. I'm sure they will approve it and then you won't have to explain to anyone else.

Anyway, I'm glad that you could vent here!! :yes:

Actually at my coach which i never go into because nobody ever asks me if i need help is always rude.. maybe its because i don't dress rich and wear huge diamonds? its located in a high end mall. At the outlets i get tons of attention, one person even followed me around and chatted for 30 mins..

I'd talk to the manager about that SA