Lily came today...

congratulations Stophle !! The bag, yes only when you put the latch on the middle turnlock, does it slouch. But somehow the leather is different on the atlantic, it is kind of soft leather and more slouchy (also vintagy-looking). Also depends on how much stuff you have in it. I like the whiskey also, its just that I have 2 many bags in that color.
I wanted to let you know that I was planning on purchasing the whiskey for my mom and the coach customer service informed me that they have a 100 bags in whiskey left and black ones are coming out on Sept, as the website indicates.

All in all , the bag looks good on you and yes pls. be satisfied before you keep it. It is quite expensive for a handbag and you need to be totally sure of it.

Congrats on your new bag! Its gorgeous! I hope you're able to exchange it for one with coloring you really like. I recently bought a shoulder bag in camel. The sides of my bag were a shade off compared to the rest of the bag as well. Luckily, I caught this in the store before leaving and was able to exchange for a better one. Leather bags are so unpredictable lately. oh, by the way....the middle turnlock slot was right on!:tup: It looks fabo on that slot!:nuts: Good Luck today with your exchange!:yes:

The lily is beautiful. I would also exchange it. I hope you get the perfect one.

I keep telling them that whenever my pain is acting up, I have large lumps that appear on the back of each wrist, in the exact same spots where the ganglions are.

About 6 months ago I went to the Dr. because I had a bump at the base of my finger and it was causing a lot of pain. I couldn't hardly move my finger because it hurt so bad. She told me it was a ganglion cyst and that it wouldn't go away and it was possible I would have to have it surgically removed if it didn't get better. For a few weeks after that I tried to be very careful with it and when I wasn't aggravating it the bump would go down and less pain. Now, 6 months later I don't feel any bump in there anymore and no pain. :shrugs: I hope that yours will do the same. :yes:

I love the leather, it looks really soft and I think the colour is just gorgeous. But it sounds you are really unhappy with it, so definitely go back and try to exchange it or buy a new one that you really love. Good luck!

Stophle,

I hope your hand gets better soon. I don't have bad joints, but I have a whiplash and my neck hurts from time to time (got rearended in Jan of 2004). I went and saw a accupuncturist (sp?) and is all better now.

BTW, it's a great style bag. I do agree with the color mis-match. That would totally turn me off.

I hope you get a better replacement.

I really do hope you find a Whiskey Lily that meets your expectations because (just to reinterate what others have said) that bag really does suit you well.

Good luck and I'm sending lucky handbag vibes your way!

Thanks ladies, for all the sweet comments! I went back to the store the day after this came, and exchanged it for the one they had in the store (that I had originally passed on). It was a lighter color, like the whiskey of my Ali, and the coloring is perfectly even on all sides of the bag. There is a tiny black mark on the back left of the bag (I circled it in one of the pics), but I figured I'd rather go with a bag I know is dyed the way I want it, rather than chance it with another one from JAX.

I tried it on with my stuff in it (no pics of that), and you know the whole issue with me using the wrong turnlock? It's a non issue with my stuff in it because that cute slouchy shape that I wanted, disappeared completely, even with it clasped on the correct turnlock. It ends up that rectangle shape again. *sigh* Oh well. Jury is still out on it I guess.

Oh and I believe I said Lily was lighter than Gigi? I take it back. I think they're about the same, if Lily isn't even heavier. With my stuff in it it weighs a ton. Ah the suffering we do for love...

Here are the updated pics:
DSCF4716.jpg

DSCF4717.jpg

DSCF4718.jpg

DSCF4719.jpg