Let's talk bras

I cannot stand VS--I hope this doesn't get stones thrown at me... But I think I have a legitimate beef. They're always wanting to measure me and every store comes up with a different size--even when I get measured on the SAME DAY! I'm a 38B, but a lot of their bras start only at 38C, no B. So they insist that I can go down a band size, but up a cup to 36C. That does not work....

So I've found my bras at Nordstrom--I really like bras by Natori and Wacoal. They're great quality and fit perfectly!:yes:

organic said:
oooh, i have a set of hers that i got on sale at saks...it's lovely, but i'm still waiting for an occasion to wear it.
Aren't those bras $50.00+? I'd love to get one but I'm not as free spending with bras as I am with bags.

sparkle67 said:
VS bras do not hold up well for those of us who are big-boobed..er.. umm.. large chested- (better)??

I agree. I'm not a big fan of VS bras, I'm a 36D and tried just about everything. They just don't hold up:blink:

I got fitted at the coveted My Intimacy store in Atlanta. It was well worth the time. I thought I was a 36A, but turns out I was a 32B! Chantelle are the only ones that truly fit me. I only wish they were not that expensive...

I love the VS Very Sexy bras but haven't tried the new Angels Secret Embrace. Do they have the same "gel curve" like the Very Sexy bras do? Since I'm only 32B I qualify to be in the IBTC and need a little help...

i love Lejaby and Cotton Club bras! they are a little pricier than VS bras but they actually fit! being 32D, it's difficult for me to find bras that fit at VS. The pretty ones are usually for 34 + and they only have boring ones for 32.

i think it's worth spending a little more on lingerie since they help maintain your shape and the lace doesn't itch. i'm just as willing to spend $200 on a bra as i am on a pair of designer jeans.

twinkie said:
I have always been a well-endowed gal, but finally, after years of waiting, I had a breast reduction on Wednesday! :biggrin:

Congrats! How are you feeling? I had a breast reduction as well, about 5 years ago. I remember shopping for bras after the surgery. I was so happy that I can finally wear pretty bras instead of only wearing the ugly ones that only come in certain colors.:lol: I'm so happy for you. Now you can be free of back pains :biggrin:

toiletduck said:
i love Lejaby and Cotton Club bras! they are a little pricier than VS bras but they actually fit! being 32D, it's difficult for me to find bras that fit at VS. The pretty ones are usually for 34 + and they only have boring ones for 32.

i think it's worth spending a little more on lingerie since they help maintain your shape and the lace doesn't itch. i'm just as willing to spend $200 on a bra as i am on a pair of designer jeans.

Yes! I supposedly am too. I'm glad there are others out there like me. My boobs aren't big though, so I think it's a bit misleading. But Lejaby bras are great. I'm going to get more today. Must stock up before I go back to the states.:rolleyes:

I am a (natural) 36F; which I know sounds quite big, but because I am 5'8", I feel that I only look a bit larger than average, in that area, for my height.

I am so tired of every bra in this size being built like a fortress, with foot-wide straps, which I don't feel I need (maybe if I was this size and only 5'2"?), that I tend to wear a 36C Huit push-up bra instead.

This is certainly not ideal and lingerie experts are, presumably, fainting at the mere thought of it :amazed: ; but rather that, than dying of asphyxiation from the vice like grip of most bras made in my size!

I also feel that the shape of the underwiring goes completely off, after a C cup, it seems to change into a U, or even a V shape; who on earth has (or, indeed, wants) U or V shaped boobs?!! :huh: Even if you did, this underwiring then sticks painfully into your ribs.

I keep ranting :rant: on to my BF about wanting to re-invent the underwired bra and have even produced some drawings! Maybe, one day...

If anybody knows of any pretty, delicate, comfortable, well made bras that are made in this size and available in the UK - I would be forever in your debt! :biggrin:

pursegalsf said:
Congrats! How are you feeling? I had a breast reduction as well, about 5 years ago. I remember shopping for bras after the surgery. I was so happy that I can finally wear pretty bras instead of only wearing the ugly ones that only come in certain colors.:lol: I'm so happy for you. Now you can be free of back pains :biggrin:

I'm doing better, but everything itches so badly right now and I'm about to go out of my mind with boredom!!! I cannot wait to shop for pretty bras! Actually, I just cannot wait to get out of the house....:hrmm:

Thanks for asking!;)

chloehandbags said:
I am a (natural) 36F; which I know sounds quite big, but because I am 5'8", I feel that I only look a bit larger than average, in that area, for my height.

I am so tired of every bra in this size being built like a fortress, with foot-wide straps, which I don't feel I need (maybe if I was this size and only 5'2"?), that I tend to wear a 36C Huit push-up bra instead.

This is certainly not ideal and lingerie experts are, presumably, fainting at the mere thought of it :amazed: ; but rather that, than dying of asphyxiation from the vice like grip of most bras made in my size!

I also feel that the shape of the underwiring goes completely off, after a C cup, it seems to change into a U, or even a V shape; who on earth has (or, indeed, wants) U or V shaped boobs?!! :huh: Even if you did, this underwiring then sticks painfully into your ribs.

I keep ranting :rant: on to my BF about wanting to re-invent the underwired bra and have even produced some drawings! Maybe, one day...

If anybody knows of any pretty, delicate, comfortable, well made bras that are made in this size and available in the UK - I would be forever in your debt! :biggrin:

I agree. I look very average too and I hate how the straps get HUMONGOUS! I really don't need the support and everything swallows my boob. :yucky: What happened to the sexy bras? So I downgraded from a 30D to a 32C, which I feel look much better. So what if it's not technically my size...it feels the same!

toiletduck said:

I'm in the same boat as you. I love Wacoal bras, but have never tried Lejaby. Is there a particular style you'd recommend? Thanks!