Let's talk about this barenia leather.....

^^ HG, you crack me up! it's a 32 and good for run-about but not work. i'm thinking itty bitty kelly for cocktails, charity dinners, artsy-fartsy stuff, dinners out -- stuff like that that requires a COMPLETELY different bag from a 32 barenia kelly!

probably won't get up the nerve, though.

I love love love Barenia for its feel, smell, and dynamic quality but yes it requires some degree of resignation that it will darken with time and get scratched up. I don't have it in natural, just dark colors, so that helps hide some of the marks, but there is no other H leather I like to touch more than Barenia. I think it is one of the heavier leathers, too, if that is a consideration.

I remember "the good old days" when MK had a 35cm barenia Birkin for the longest time! At @ 9,000....and I waited, and waited, and waited, thinking it would go down, and *poof* it went!!! boo hoo hoo. Haven't seen one since:crybaby:

Barenia has never gone out of production. There just aren't as many skins available at the moment that are up to Hermes scratch. The wait for a barenia bag will just be much much longer than bags in more readily available leathers, is all.

I've seen it in natural, indigo and ebene in bags, and black (the latter only in accessories). And apparently there are watch straps floating around out there in white.