Les Marais Collection

i think this is the bag everyone's comparing the marais bowler to, which even presale was only around 1500:

silverbowler1.jpg

I know the new marais bowler is bigger and all, but it's a lot more expensive :sad:

the marais bowler has this cute little zip pocket on the top -- maybe that's why it's more? JK. chanel prices have become so outrageous -- i feel like every bag i want is in the $2500-$3000 range. now i think anything under $2000 is cheap LOL! i've become a little numb to it.

^ hmmm I must have missed that $700 zip pocket haha! I didn't have the two bags side by side to compare, but perhaps the marais leather was a bit hardier...but still! and when I put it over my shoulder, it didn't compress quite as nicely as the silver bowler. It also had some problem sitting on its own on the counter, but perhaps that would change once I put stuff in it to weigh it down....sigh, it was still lovely though.

The leather on the silver bag is different. It is softer and less structured.

I also have to post a correction to something I stated earlier. The leather on the new "Les Marais" handbags is not calfskin, it is distressed lambskin. I did some research and found this out for sure. Its odd though because the leather doesn't look or feel anything like lambskin.

^ i got the flap from nordie. i saw it in black (that looks like silvery gold) and dark brown. i heard it might come in real black as well.

This collection is really tempting me. :nogood: Has anyone bought or seen in person the large flap with the long chain that Chanelboy posted about in the beginning of this thread, the one that is $2595?

-Stephanie (pond23)

hi Stephanie, no surprise here but yes i have seen this more expensive flap :rolleyes:

it's gorgeous but i'm not too fond of the large CC on the flap. the shape of this flap reminds me of the Bubble Quilt flaps--more rounded. the deal breaker for me though was the price!! it's more expensive than my bowler :nogood:

hi Stephanie, no surprise here but yes i have seen this more expensive flap :rolleyes:

it's gorgeous but i'm not too fond of the large CC on the flap. the shape of this flap reminds me of the Bubble Quilt flaps--more rounded. the deal breaker for me though was the price!! it's more expensive than my bowler :nogood:

Hi Larkie,

Yeah, you're right. The price is too steep for this particular style. I'm glad you pointed out its rounded shape; this can be a deal breaker for me. This is the reason why I ended up not buying the Bubble Quilt flap during the last EGC. Okay, you convinced me. It's a no go. My wallet thanks you! :tup: Now on to Lady Braid and Cruise ....

-Stephanie (pond23)