Leather care for Soft Calf

I dont think inside, but I havent tried it. Since it's a protective coat, I think only on the soft calf outer leather

Also, what was the concensus on the Bordeaux Blake? I was just wondering about whether or not it needs treating b/c I remembered HitchcockBlonde's comment about the leather being a little stiffer than other soft calf colors

I conditioned my bordeaux blake with Apple...I hope that wasn't bad...

BTW, the Apple products are on sale at leatherstuff.com for 20% off. there is a thread in the deals & steals section with the info :tup: I think i'm gonna get the cleaner and the leather care (is this referred to as the "conditioner?") and hopefully my fears about color transfer from the bordeaux blake wont be true :Push:

No problem, Coach!! :tup:

Speaking of color transfers, has anyone used Apple on MbMJ bags? I got my first one today (a midnight Teri) and when I put conditioner on using a cottonball, the cottonball appeared a bit blue :wtf: It could be just dirt from the bag but I would be TERRIFIED if the color fades...any thoughts/help would be appreciated!!!

^ yeah, i tried using the apple cleaner on my mbmj groovee and some of the color rubbed off! the bag still looks fine, but the fact that there was color transfer stopped me from continuing. i'm hesitant to clean my mbmj bags now. i don't think the dye settles into the leather as well as the collection bags...

I'm getting ready to order some.

Would you say the say the Apple Care is sufficient as a cleaner, or is the Apple Cleaner a good idea for used/older bags?

Also, does the suede cleaner work well on the suede linings? My Blake has a few small spots inside the pocket. Not a big deal, but if I might be able to remove them easily, I'll try it.

Thanks!:smile:

I'm getting ready to order some.

Would you say the say the Apple Care is sufficient as a cleaner, or is the Apple Cleaner a good idea for used/older bags?

Thanks!:smile:

I just purchased a "used" MJ MP on ebay a week ago and cleaned and conditioned it last night. The thing is like NEW - I was starting to freak out when I was using the cleaner as I noticed all of the scuff marks on the edges were really showing up - but once the cleaner dried it went away (I only noticed this when cleaning my light Berry bag - not on my sap green bag). Then I used the conditioner. My bags are so soft.

I'll have to try the Apple Cleaner for my bags but I was wondering if there was anything that I could use for the pushlocks? I recently bought a beautiful but used ZC and the pushlocks look scratched. I can live with it but just wondering. :smile:

Does Apple Garde work the same for MBMJ?

I just bought the conditioner, cleaner and the rain & stain repellent.

I sprayed the bottom of my red heidi and it darkened, it's been 10+ minutes and doesn't look any lighter! Plus, there are marks from the spray. Looks like water stains. Please help!!

I also have a cream and midnight bag that I was planning to use the stain repellent on, but not anymore. Am I applying it correctly?

I'll have to try the Apple Cleaner for my bags but I was wondering if there was anything that I could use for the pushlocks? I recently bought a beautiful but used ZC and the pushlocks look scratched. I can live with it but just wondering. :smile:

So the metal pushlocks are scratched? hmmm, maybe a jewelry store could buff it out? :thinking: not sure but since they are metal they are bound to sustain minor wear and tear :shrugs: