Le Metier de Beaute Nail Lacquers

Wow. So that means if they were to be sold "full-size" on par with Dior & Chanel polishes, they would cost around $45 per bottle.

These polishes better auto-paint and remove themselves.

LOL, exactly!

I've been looking online for more info about these little guys too, I'm just oddly curious about them even though I don't think I would ever buy one. I'm very happy with Chanel and I've never actually run out of a bottle of Chanel polish in almost 4 years of using it.

Does Le Meteir have that loyal of a following that they can easily get away with that price without making their customers mad? Like lvpiggy said, Hermes could get away with $100 nail polish and still have a waiting list.

Again I ask, who do they think they are? Hermès? :P

Actually no, Hermès would just sell a full size bottle for $100, and there would still be a waiting list, and piggy would be on it, determined to perfectly match her nails to her birkins . . . ahhhh, I know what I'll be dreaming about tonight! Rouge Hermès polish that crackles into a croc scale pattern . . . that would be the COOLEST.THING.EVER. (^(oo)^)*
:lolots: !!!! I have no doubt!

A croc crackle :love: how lovely that would be. You definitely need to try and experiment with (soon-to-be) available crackles.

Now I'm dreaming of a line of Hermès nail polishes to match their Clic-Clacs.

Yes, I had to try a Le metier polish (I'm sure you guys know this about me by now!). I knew it was tiny, and I really wasn't impressed with it. It was supposed to last 2 weeks?, I think I got 5 days. Here's a pic of Phlox. I won't purchase another bottle.

Picture022-1.jpg

The color is pretty! Looks kinda like Chanel Lilac Sky... I think what bugs me the most is how that bottle is designed, like the bottom half is just glass. It makes a teeny drop of nail polish look even smaller! Like going by the pics alone, it looks like a good 30-40% of the bottle is the bottle itself and not the nail polish.

The color is pretty! Looks kinda like Chanel Lilac Sky... I think what bugs me the most is how that bottle is designed, like the bottom half is just glass. It makes a teeny drop of nail polish look even smaller! Like going by the pics alone, it looks like a good 30-40% of the bottle is the bottle itself and not the nail polish.

I think the problem is, if they made the bottle the size of the amount of polish, it would tip over under the weight of its own brush :roflmfao:

That *is* pretty! Too bad the wear is just average.

That reminded me, the Estee Lauder nail polish has that excessive glass bottle, too! But even so, EL polishes are 9ml, not 4ml, for the same price. Oh well! :buttercup:

Yes, I had to try a Le metier polish (I'm sure you guys know this about me by now!). I knew it was tiny, and I really wasn't impressed with it. It was supposed to last 2 weeks?, I think I got 5 days. Here's a pic of Phlox. I won't purchase another bottle.

Picture022-1.jpg

That is really pretty...

I had ordered black orchid... Really pretty color. But I was so insulted at the size of the bottle, I just packed it right back up and sent it back. Thankfully, they had free returns. If I had to pay for the shipping back, I would have kept it i guess. I'm already pushing it with my growing collection of chanel and dior polish....

Hey! I'm bumping this thread! I've had a change of heart about the polish. Well, the new Ken Downing's polish available at Neiman Marcus. It's a larger bottle and I am totally loving this color. I read there will be 3 new shades for fall too!

Kontagious Koral
2011-06-14_20-04-41_792-1.jpg

That is gorgeous, itsanaddiction! I am excited for the 3 new shades.

I noticed the 4 summer colors are $10 per bottle, not $15. Still pricey, but slightly less insane. I fell in love with the greenyblue and the goldytan one.

Do I drive myself batty trying to track down Dionysis and hera since they can't be purchased here? I will not put them on my wishlist in hope of forgetting about them. I need to stop making these threads!!!! Got 4 diors and 3 chanels to buy!

Do I drive myself batty trying to track down Dionysis and hera since they can't be purchased here? I will not put them on my wishlist in hope of forgetting about them. I need to stop making these threads!!!! Got 4 diors and 3 chanels to buy!

you are cracking me the heck up, missy. I'd say forget them. They're really really pretty, and the price has dropped from regular, but forget them.