Large black tote: Cambon vs Cotton Club

echo_23

O.G.
Oct 2, 2006
I have a large black cambon tote with black patent C's. I really liked it at first, but don't like how many cambon fakes there are out there. That made me think about the cotton club (CC) tote which I've never seen faked. Which do you prefer or do you dislike both and think I should go for something else?

pros of cambon:
soft handles make it easy to carry
not defective!
a tad taller

cons of cambon:
highly highly faked
picks up scratches more easily than the distressed cc tote

Pros of CC tote:
cool distressed leather
trademark chain handles
not as faked

Cons of CC tote:
some of the handles were defective- would Chanel fix mine before it breaks if I didn't purchase it in-store?
handles are probably not as comfy

I figure everyone knows what the cambon tote looks like, here's a pic of the cotton club tote:

I have a large black cambon tote with black patent C's. I really liked it at first, but don't like how many cambon fakes there are out there. That made me think about the cotton club (CC) tote which I've never seen faked. Which do you prefer or do you dislike both and think I should go for something else?

I've seen a lot of fake CC totes on eBay :yes:

I didn't love the CC ligne when it came out, but now I do like it very much.

I love Cambon lines and I have ever owned more than 6 items.
Cotton Club is quite nice for me but I do think Cambon is better.
I don't think the fake Cambon bags look any closed to real one if you see them in person.

I have them both and like them equally for different reasons. The Cotton Club was available for one season only so far and I saw fakes out also immediately after their debut:sad:

Here's some direct visual comparisons, the center shows the Cambon is very slightly taller:

Attachments

• IMG_2244.jpg
    IMG_2244.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_2246.jpg
    IMG_2246.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 206
  • IMG_2251.jpg
    IMG_2251.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG_2239.jpg
    IMG_2239.jpg