Large Bag needed. Please help choosing

Mukik

New Yorker
Sep 26, 2007
Ladies, I have a question, I am a new mom, my baby is 6 month old. And my birthday is coming up, so I want to give myself a treat. I need a large bag to carry my ipad pro (writing a dissertation for my PhD) along with all the baby items (essentially doubling up as a babybag)

I travel quite frequently, so one requirement is for the bag to close on top.

I was all set with Hermes Lindy 34, but a couple of my girlfriends said that it is not comfortable. I was also cosnidering perhaps a backpack, but I have never owned one so I am not sure

Anything from Chanel or Dior? Or perhaps `Fendy Peekaboo (I don't think it is big enough)

What woud you suggest?

Describing your needs, have you considered the Alexander McQueen Padlock tote? It's a beautiful, spacious bag that is versatile enough to function as a work bag and practical enough to carry any baby needs. Best thing about is it's price point too. For me, spending so much on a Hermes or Peekaboo bag and using it as a diaper bag doesn't quite jive.

Reactions: Mariapia and mkr
Thank you. I like the McQeen bag. The only problem with it, it doesn't have the over the shoulder or cross body strap, just the two handles. This means that if the baby is in my arms I have to hassle the bag and it can't be attached to the stroller. Do you think that ghee are other viable options?

I prefer nylon as it cleans up well for baby accident. Mz Wallace is my favourite with the multiple pockets and clean look. Many gals like 'Kate" and "Large Roxy" for the purpose u just describe. It is also v affordable vs Hermes so maybe u can get some other stuff too with the remaining budget [emoji5]

Thank you so much for your advise.

I don't really like LV especially in monogram.

I was thinking of Celine Phantom what do you Ladies think?

What about Hermes Victoria II in Clemence or Togo leather? Top zip, big zip inside plus two open, smaller slots, ultra-light, and I hear those two leathers have no problem weathering rain or snow, pardon the pun!

Thank you so much for your advise.

I don't really like LV especially in monogram.

I was thinking of Celine Phantom what do you Ladies think?
The Celine Phantom is a quite heavy bag, bear that in mind.
What do you think about LV not in the monogram? I believe their Totally MM would be a nice choice for you: comfortable, roomy, lightweight, has a zipper and has outside pockets.
A Longchamp Le Pliage in the large size could also work well, I think.

I would never thought to use a $1000+ impractical all-leather bag for a baby bag. Germs from handling dirty diapers and spills from milk/snacks can be a disaster. I agree the nylon, fabric or canvas bags would be a more better option for the baby such as MZ Wallace (plenty of pockets in their bags which is great for organizing your baby stuff with your other essentials, plus most of their bags come with a crossbody option too), Longchamp (no crossbody strap for their nylon bags, but easy to clean). But to each his own I guess.

Kate Spade also has some great baby bags, too. https://www.katespade.com/handbags/diaper-bags/
As does Rebecca Minkoff, too: https://www.amazon.com/Rebecca-Minkoff-Knocked-Diaper-Handbag/dp/B008OT8IMQ

The celine phantom would be too heavy, and no comfortable shoulder strap. I quickly resold mine as it was too bulky and cumbersome even on days out without the kids.

I use a balenciaga zip around papier tote and love it. The leather is so soft:smile: sometimes I also use a Goyard St. Louis but those are kind of common..

Thank you again my Ladies.

I got a Goyard St. Louis bag for baby items on the go and Chanel Caviar Leather Timeless CC Soft Top Handle Medium Tote Bag for mommy (me ;)) to do my PhD with. :smile: very happy with both. Both in dark blue.

Your comments and advice helped a lot especially on the Celine and how heavy it is.