Lambskin birkin?

I had a Chanel bronze bowler in lambskin and was very careful with it. That little precious thing was so soft, and extremely prone to irreversible scratch marks.

I think the soupleness of lambskin makes it possible to be used on small leather goods and smaller bags. In a birkin, even if Hermes decides to experiment with it, it will be a very light bag, extremely delicate, and not a bag you can toss around.

Lambskin is already being used in the JPG Kelly Pochette for its innerlining. I think the lightness of the leather is one of the key reasons, it's chosen.

I'm not 100% sure as the care cards don't exactly state it is, but I think the fendi spy is made of lamb skin. I have one and I'm not ever buying another lamb skin bag. It scratches like crazy and it actually rips and tears very easily. I'd stay away from any Hermes lamb skin bags, esp. since they must be incredibly expensive.

I'm not 100% sure as the care cards don't exactly state it is, but I think the fendi spy is made of lamb skin. I have one and I'm not ever buying another lamb skin bag. It scratches like crazy and it actually rips and tears very easily. I'd stay away from any Hermes lamb skin bags, esp. since they must be incredibly expensive.

It does rip. I was looking at a Chanel at NM a few months ago, and there was a small tear on the inside of the bag; the SA explained that the chain (which is pulled through the interior) sometimes tears the leather.

The Garden Partys TPM (30 cms) in leather (red, black and brown) are made of lambskin.

you mean this one right?

47b6d922b3127cce8ac87a81941100000016102CYuWbdo5Y2

LOL....I actually have that twilly in white letters on black, but I don't have a matching GP.

About lambskin bags, I would also have to agree that they would be very, very delicate. I have a soft spot, literally ;), for Chanel's lambskin bags, but I baby them like there's no tomorrow. They do scratch very, very easily; they can tear, as has been mentioned, and there's basically no fixing that kind of tear; and they scuff badly as well if one is careless. I personally would be positively terrified of a lambskin Birkin!! I'll content myself with the amazing lambskin interior of my Dogon wallet, I guess.

Never knew there were lambskin GPs, that's quite interesting.

Queenie, as you may know, the twilly comes with the bag!

When I first saw the bag at the store, I didn't realize that it was a set and asked a SA whether I could buy just the twilly (and the response was no).
I didn't see your post until now. And yes, I realised that when I saw it in my store. :idea:

GF, you're funny! :lol: