LAMB Rehab!

ok guys...im slacking on my rasta esquivel....im scared to start the stripe.....i dont want to eff it up worse...

Really you could only improve it! Just do it! Seriously it's not as scary as you may think! I'm going to repair the stripe on a wallet in about two weeks so you and I can do this together! It'll be virtual crafts!

I understand, I get scared trying to mess with my bag. Yvonne should start a LAMB handbag repair shop. :biggrin:
:lolots: :lolots: :lolots: Maybe during the summer when I'm off and have free time!

^Oooooo, Yvonne, I need help repairing the stripe on my Rasta French wallet. I wish I would have treated it better than I did. It was my go to wallet for such a long time and now I rarely use it because I don't want to damage it any further.

Really you could only improve it! Just do it! Seriously it's not as scary as you may think! I'm going to repair the stripe on a wallet in about two weeks so you and I can do this together! It'll be virtual crafts!

:lolots: :lolots: :lolots: Maybe during the summer when I'm off and have free time!

yay, lets do this.......!

I need to stop buying messed up bags at the sample sale. Any advice on how to fix this tear? Its right on the seam. I have mighty mend-it and gorilla glue, but I don't want to attempt any rehab without any advice.

And there is some sticky stuff on one of the corners, on the patent leather; what should I use to clean it?

Attachments

• Photo on 2010-06-08 at 13.15.jpg
    Photo on 2010-06-08 at 13.15.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
All clean and purty, and ready for DLand and ND Concerts (among other things):

3535320784_347135ba0f.jpg

3534503875_6714bf4764.jpg

3534504115_169b190838.jpg

3535321416_de22f6be02.jpg
Nooo waaaay!! I am so jealous! This is my favorite L.A.M.B. bag ever!!
I used to own one back in 2004 and it was my most prized possession ever. A couple years later I got into really hard times and stupidly sold most of my L.A.M.B. collection, including the leopard rasta girlfriend. I've been looking for her replacement ever since I realized what a huge mistake I made. :cry:

Its super sad, but i know that one day my lamb will return to me!!

Has anyone sprayed their ultraviolet lamb bags with anything to protect them? The leather is so soft and dainty and I want to try my best not to get it stained. Thanks! :flowers:

Hmmm, I pulled my Love Asti in black out of it's dustbag today. I haven't used it for about a year. The hardware is losing its color! It used to be gold, now it is "not silver, but not gold either!"

Even the chains sewn into the handles have lost their color. I guess it looks like almost silver hardware now.

Has this happened to anyone else's Love bags?

Last edited:
Hmmm, I pulled my Love Asti in black out of it's dustbag today. I haven't used it for about a year. The hardware is losing its color! It used to be gold, now it is "not silver, but not gold either!"

Even the chains sewn into the handles have lost thier color. I guess it looks like almost silver hardware now.

Has this happened to anyone else's Love bags?

I haven't noticed that with any of mine, but I also haven't paid that close of attention... I think I would need a "before" shot to compare too. But that happens to my jewelry ALL the time, so it doesn't really surprise me. But hey, silver... gold... I love them both, so I'm sure it still looks fab!

But hmm I wonder if there's any kind of way to put the gold tint back into it -- like some kind of gloss or clear coating? In theory, it seems like something like that would exist...

I haven't noticed that with any of mine, but I also haven't paid that close of attention... I think I would need a "before" shot to compare too. But that happens to my jewelry ALL the time, so it doesn't really surprise me. But hey, silver... gold... I love them both, so I'm sure it still looks fab!

But hmm I wonder if there's any kind of way to put the gold tint back into it -- like some kind of gloss or clear coating? In theory, it seems like something like that would exist...

The only thing I can think of is re-plating (which I hear is expensive). I do like silver hardware, so I guess I don't mind that much. But it's kinda not really silver either - hard to explain.

I am going to stop by Michaels this weekend and see if there is anything they might suggest. Actually, my son's art teacher is really good with metals, so I am going to ask him too. I will report back if I find an answer :smile:

Yvalenz,

According to the Purse Forum, you are the restoring/protecting queen! :smile: I think I read in some thread somewhere that you had a Glazed Bowler and treated it with some kind of conditioner to keep it protected and give it a nice luster. I have a Glazed White Asti Hobo and am looking to protect it and give it that beautiful sheen as well. What would you suggest I do?

Has anyone sprayed their ultraviolet lamb bags with anything to protect them? The leather is so soft and dainty and I want to try my best not to get it stained. Thanks! :flowers:

I've sprayed both of my Ultraviolet Nude bags (wristlet & Rhodes satchel) with Apple Guard Rain & Protectant spray and it worked like a charm! No spotting or darkening. I was surprised it worked so well.