L.a.m.b Bags?

I also have the one you were talking about - but in black (Love Capri Satchel) - I love it! I really like the quality of the hardware and so far it has held up really well! One thing I am worried about the velvet is that it wouldn't be as longlasting as the other parts of the bag... oh well I will worry about that later.

Just received my Chateau Clutch. This thing is so freakin' cute!!!!! I don't know if I will use it as an actual wristlet or maybe a make-up bag, but it's so cute I can't take my eyes off of it!

Attachments

• CHATEAULAMB.JPG 002.jpg
    CHATEAULAMB.JPG 002.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 43
question:

I need to buy a bag. Either LV Damier Azur Speedy 30 OR L.A.M.B. Rasta Altson Saddle.

Which one should i Get?

You can't go wrong with either! The LV is always going to be a classic. But I have the Alston Satchel in Saddle and I love it to pieces! I can't go anywhere without someone stopping me and asking about it. :yes:

Attachments

• ALSTON 001.jpg
    ALSTON 001.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 29
OK - now don't shoot me! This isn't meant as a negative thing......

I think LAMB bags are the "poor girl's" version of LV. And again - I DON'T MEAN THAT IN A BAD WAY!!!!

Let's face it - most of us can't afford the prices for most of popular LV bags. I think most of the newer LAMB bags are nearly identical to an LV but w/the LAMB logo and signature print. It doesn't mean they're "bad" bags to carry. I've actually looked at a couple of LAMB bags - personally, I don't care for LV and their brown signature print (the Murakami bags I liked as well as a few other "pricier" bags), but I do like the style of some of the bags. The LAMB bags are a nice alternative (I decided against it, however, as I'd rather spend that $$ on a nice, soft leather bag)

I say, if you like the style and can afford it, go w/the LV. But if you'd rather not spend that kind of $$ and you like the style - go w/LAMB. The one thing about LAMB bags is that there are less of them out on the streets. When I walk to work every day, I see tons and tons of girls and their LVs - I wonder how many of those are truly authentic bags. At least with the LAMB bag, you'll have the same loook but won't blend in w/so many others.

OK - now don't shoot me! This isn't meant as a negative thing......

I think LAMB bags are the "poor girl's" version of LV. And again - I DON'T MEAN THAT IN A BAD WAY!!!!

Let's face it - most of us can't afford the prices for most of these new LV bags. I think most of the newer LAMB bags are nearly identical to an LV but w/the LAMB logo and signature print. It doesn't mean they're "bad" bags to carry. I've actually looked at a couple of LAMB bags - personally, I don't care for LV and their brown signature print (the Murakami bags I liked as well as a few other "pricier" bags).

I say, if you like the style and can afford it, go w/the LV. But if you'd rather not spend that kind of $$ and you like the style - go w/LAMB.

Now don't shoot ME, but I see them as a 'hip' version of LV's. :roflmfao:

I could have had several LV's with the $$ spent on L.A.M.B's...but I :heart::heart::heart: them to death! I've already had my will redone....I'm to be buried with the Kingston. :wtf: Of course that will change once my Chloe Paddington gets here Thursday! :nuts:

Attachments

• anewlamb.jpg 006.jpg
    anewlamb.jpg 006.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 58
.. Of course that will change once my Chloe Paddington gets here Thursday! :nuts:

What color Paddy did you get?

I really like that light brown bag on the top shelf (2nd from left) of your collection - who is that?

Your LAMB collection is very nice - Looks like you have a complete set!! And again, I don't dislike LAMB bags - if I found one on sale for a low enough price (for MY liking), I might even consider buying one. I do like how they're LV style w/o looking like every other girl who carries LV. I really liked the original LAMB bags (for LeSportsac) and I'm sorry I didn't get one when I had the chance!

What color Paddy did you get?

I really like that light brown bag on the top shelf (2nd from left) of your collection - who is that?

Your LAMB collection is very nice - Looks like you have a complete set!! And again, I don't dislike LAMB bags - if I found one on sale for a low enough price (for MY liking), I might even consider buying one. I do like how they're LV style w/o looking like every other girl who carries LV. I really liked the original LAMB bags (for LeSportsac) and I'm sorry I didn't get one when I had the chance!

I actually broke down and bought a Cream Paddy! I'm totally excited and scared at the same time! I mentioned on tpf somewhere that I hope I'm not so pent up by the time it gets here (Thursday) that I pee a little when the UPS man finally brings it! LOL :wtf:

I totally understand what you're saying about the LAMB's. :smile: I think as long as you buy what you love, then that's all that matters. :tup:

That brown bag is a Giorgio Brato. It puddles like buttah when you set it down! :heart:

Attachments

• agiorgiobrato.jpg 003.jpg
    agiorgiobrato.jpg 003.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 37
I :heart:lamb bags. I've been lusting after one for months now. I have asked the SA's at 2 different Nordstroms about the quality and they told me that it wasn't great and not worth the money. They both said they get a lot of returns due to cracking material and defective hardware. I really want one. The ladies on here that have them seem to like them. Should I go for it?

I :heart:lamb bags. I've been lusting after one for months now. I have asked the SA's at 2 different Nordstroms about the quality and they told me that it wasn't great and not worth the money. They both said they get a lot of returns due to cracking material and defective hardware. I really want one. The ladies on here that have them seem to like them. Should I go for it?

I'm sure there are just as many returns and complaints about Chloe, LV, Marc Jacobs, and just about every other handbag designer. Sometimes things happen and there's problems w/certain bags. That doesn't mean that every bag from a certain designer will be problematic.

If you like the bag and feel it will be practical for your lifestyle then go for it - If you buy the bag & have problems w/it, you can always take it back (esp if its Nordstroms, their return policy is pretty lenient - they also offer repair services, so if you REALLY liked the bag & had a problem, it could probably be fixed).

Which LAMB bag are you considering? I've seen them IRL and they're pretty nice. To me they seem well made - this one that Carmen Electra is carrying is nice, but if I were to get one - I'd want the Montego in the "rainbow" print (it's so much prettier than an LV Alma bag, which I'm sure was its inspiration!):
518lamblg.jpg

Attachments

• electra-lamb.jpg
    electra-lamb.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 43
i love l.a.m.b

with the cracking, the only ones that do are the rasta ones, the get white marks on them.

nordstrom has a slew of ne l.am.b bags up, chocolate/blue, red/tan, and black n white stripe. plus the cheetah and signature black print are coming out soon.

I actually broke down and bought a Cream Paddy! I'm totally excited and scared at the same time! I mentioned on tpf somewhere that I hope I'm not so pent up by the time it gets here (Thursday) that I pee a little when the UPS man finally brings it! LOL :wtf:

I totally understand what you're saying about the LAMB's. :smile: I think as long as you buy what you love, then that's all that matters. :tup:

That brown bag is a Giorgio Brato. It puddles like buttah when you set it down! :heart:

:cursing:

you got a PADDY and didnt tell me :crybaby:

I love LAMB too but I cant afford them myself so I live vicorously through Miss. Novembers pics :roflmfao:

I haven't had any trouble with mine, but I definitely do treat them very appreciatively! I almost knocked some lady out for rubbin' up against my Kingston in Target when I first got it! :P

If anyone is thinking about getting one, you might want to wait a few weeks like ALEXAG suggested! The new Fall '07 line is going to be released with two new prints, a signature black and the Mama Cheetah!

I pre-ordered the Kingston in the Mama Cheetah print!!! :heart::heart::heart: But it won't be out until the end of July. :sad:

Here are a few sneak peeks taken from the South Coast Plaza L.A.M.B. trunk show...........

Attachments

• 20gwenpurse_large.jpg
    20gwenpurse_large.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 42
  • lamb.jpg
    lamb.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 44