Korean PS hospitals upselling to foreigners

Happyana83

Sofa King Banned
Jan 24, 2024
It's really serious how Korean plastic surgery clinics overcharge only foreigners... When I compared the quotes I received with my Korean friend, mine was almost double. This is absolutely ridiculous! How can I get a quote similar to what Koreans get?

My friend told me that she booked through one website and managed to get it done really cheaply. It might be better to get quotes through platforms rather than doing it directly with the hospitals

I found that if you tell them another clinic is offering a cheaper price, they’ll typically lower their price too. But it still doesn’t feel good knowing that I’m being taken advantage of for not knowing their actual prices.

I did so much research by comparing prices on forums, Tiktoks, blogs, and inquired with multiple clinics, I noticed the ones with English speaking translators and have much more foreign friendly services/social media presence tend to quote higher. For example, I noticed typically, people of Korean descent visiting Korea or Korean citizens paid around USD 2000 for DES. I saw even last low as USD 1000. I was getting quoted around USD 3900-4500 (4000000-4821932 KRW) from clinics such as Marble, Cinderella, Dream, etc. I notice they are willing to negotiate if you mention other prices you've been quoted and/or if you're planning on receiving multiple services then using that as leverag eot negotiate. My DES quote with Wink was USD 2000 right off the bat without negotiations however they did ask that I bring my own translator.