Kirna Zabete for Target September 9th

I got the black and white circle sweater and the grey and pink color too. I actually really liked the sweater. The quality was much better than I anticipated. They looked really boxy on the hanger, so I didn't think I would like them on, but they ended up fitting me pretty nicely. I also got the leopard print jumpsuit, which didn't look appealing at all online, but was pretty cute in person. I was on the fence about getting it, but my mom (who I was with) and the woman working in the dressing room insisted that it was really cute on and I had to get it, so I did. I also got my husband an Odin shirt.

I was really looking forward to seeing the home stuff, but none of it appealed to me in person. It looked like it had been pretty well picked over by the time I got there, so maybe all the good stuff was gone.

I just don't understand the draw of these "Shops at Target"
Kirna Zabete only does well as a business because of the designers they carry. If they didn't carry Proenza Schouler or Celine handbags or any of the other designers they carry, I don't think they'd be as well known as they are. I just don't understand why Target thinks that sticking that name on a line of clothing is going to do anywhere near as well as their GO lines or designer collaborations.

Now the collaboration with Neiman Marcus sounds exciting, but its exciting because of the designers' names that are attached, not just because Neiman Marcus is behind it.

I don't think Target thinks this will do as well as the other designer collaborations. Even the promotions for this is much tamer than the Missoni or Jason Wu lines.

The appeal is that you make the line available to women around the country, not just in the city where these "shops" originated from. I personally see the appeal, but I understand why others don't.

I actually like the Webster clothes better than the clothes I got from the Jason Wu line.

I went to target this morning (was too hungover from our university's football game to go yesterday) and the KZ area was totally stocked. I didn't realize why until I tried some items on - everything was incredibly itchy! I really liked the look of one of the sleeveless tie neck blouses, but the fabric was torture. I also tried on the jacquard dress, checkered sweater and blue shirt dress and everything looked really boxy and cheap on my frame. This is the only target collection where I haven't bought one item.

The patch items were pretty picked over, but I was able to get the deer cookie jar in grey and I thought that was worth the $25. I liked the look of the pillows, but they also had cheap fabric and seemed over priced.

I stopped by the nearest Target during my lunch hour and I tried on about 7 pieces. I only took these two photos of the pieces I liked the most. One is the floral dress and the other is the gray dress which I bought. I tried on the black blazer (nice), blue ikat hi-lo top (nice), black hi-lo top (nice), blue ikat shirtdress (didn't like), black jacquard dress (i cannot close the zipper up top). The sweaters are too thick and boxy for my taste. While I almost got the floral dress, I hesitated because of the material. I have bad experience with think silky fabric ripping along the seams and this one may just do that. The gray dress is made of a thicker fabric and I kinda like the hi-lo design.

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    107.5 KB · Views: 1,409
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    115.8 KB · Views: 1,198
Went to my Target and they got it stocked. Glad I was able to try on a few items because what I ordered online was the wrong size.
I got the black/white dot sweater and will be returning the pink/grey I got online. The pink was to bright.
The tweed dress fits big so I need to return the one from online order.
I thought the tees were nice, thin material.
Didn't like any of the dresses other than the tweed. The tops weren't that great either other than the tees. The boyfriend cardi runs really big.
Didn't like any accessories either.
Waiting to see what the pleather skirt from online is like and the leather jacket.

roussel said:
I stopped by the nearest Target during my lunch hour and I tried on about 7 pieces. I only took these two photos of the pieces I liked the most. One is the floral dress and the other is the gray dress which I bought. I tried on the black blazer (nice), blue ikat hi-lo top (nice), black hi-lo top (nice), blue ikat shirtdress (didn't like), black jacquard dress (i cannot close the zipper up top). The sweaters are too thick and boxy for my taste. While I almost got the floral dress, I hesitated because of the material. I have bad experience with think silky fabric ripping along the seams and this one may just do that. The gray dress is made of a thicker fabric and I kinda like the hi-lo design.

I think you look great in that floral dress!

I checked out everything yesterday and thought there were some cute items but nothing that I absolutely loved, except the blue jacquard skirt.
Here are a few dressing room pics and reviews are on my blog.

Attachments

• image-3405322812.jpg
    image-3405322812.jpg
    465.2 KB · Views: 1,050
  • image-2146995226.jpg
    image-2146995226.jpg
    411.6 KB · Views: 943
  • image-2762553642.jpg
    image-2762553642.jpg
    410.9 KB · Views: 1,041