Kelly Pochette, anyone not love it?

I know k p ate super hard to come by and offered. Does anyone know what’s the max number of Kp allowed per client per year ? Is there like a limit like quota bags ?

In USA, KP is not a quota bag but extremely hard to come by. My SA personally told me they could get me a mini Kelly sellier (the one with a strap) before a KP. I don't know if there's a personal limit, I would say its more limiting in if they would offer one at all.

I stopped using my 10 year old kp as I felt it a bit too dainty because of its small size and being only handheld. Used to love it to bits and carried it heaps but after years of not using it, I sold it at a minimal loss ( basically just the tax ) and I don’t miss it.

Reactions: celine666666
Since I got my mini Kelly - really not sure about needing the pochette as well.

I think the KP is more elegant being a hand held clutch, but the MK is more whimsical and practical with the strap. The KP fits more though , so practical in that sense. I would not use either of them with a dressy evening gown as someone asked. (Not that I am going anywhere that requires a dressy gown anytime soon:smile:) for me they are both ‘cool’ bags for cocktails, dinner with friends, tea that sort of thing. I wear them with jeans or a slip dress at most.

Reactions: cloudyc1oud
I have scored KP recently. In the country where I live, the resell price of KP is not as high as mini kelly II. I don’t understand why? I love KP except the fact that it doesn’t have 4 metal feet at the base of the bag which making me worry about the bag getting dirty when I use it. However, KP seems to be very versatile. You can try to use it more often and see if you really don’t like it, you can make a decision later.

Reactions: honey
I have scored KP recently. In the country where I live, the resell price of KP is not as high as mini kelly II. I don’t understand why? I love KP except the fact that it doesn’t have 4 metal feet at the base of the bag which making me worry about the bag getting dirty when I use it. However, KP seems to be very versatile. You can try to use it more often and see if you really don’t like it, you can make a decision later.
Think about it - the construction of the kelly pochette is just less skillful than that of mini kelly II. it has no metal feet, it does not have the 'kelly' handle (which is by far the most time-consuming process of the kelly), and it is essentially just a piece of leather folded. It is not sellier, nor retourne - so no skill needed there, whereas the MK is sellier. Not to say it's not beautiful, but it is certainly not at the craftsmanship leather as the MK, imo.
Even in retail, the mini kelly II is ~60% more expensive than KP.

Reactions: ellabellaz
I have both KP and Mini Kelly 2 but I prefer KP even though this is my only cluth-type bag...Normally for daily life, I am not a big fan of wearing KP with super dressy outfit because that just look like I am trying soooooo hard. Of course formal event is a different story.

I once in Harrods (a shopping mall in London) saw a lady wearing a nude cashmere pullover with her KP in etoupe. That combination just looks very chic and really suits her.

Reactions: PetitMalle
anyone finds the KP strap too thin and flimsy and started showing wears and become out of shape after a short while? i much prefer a steadier handle of Kelly bag so hesitated to get one from my SA offer...
Yes me. The handle gets out of shape after a while and I couldn’t stand looking at it looking so bent and ugly. You can get around it by wrapping a twilly around it.

For ladies with alligator or crocodile Kelly Pochette, how have they held up over the years? Are they ‘worth’ spending so much on?

I like Kelly Pochette I just don’t like swift or ostrich.

Thank you!