keeping purchases on the DL

My problem is that my DH works from home, so he's home most of the time unless he has a meeting. That's why tracking is so important to me since I can see the exact day the package is arriving and I literally wait near our front window and try to meet the Purolator guy before he rings the doorbell (DH is usually in his office on the phone). However my 6 yr old son is another matter ... now he always asks what's in the box and then says "I know it's another bag!" What do I do now? LOL

coachwife6 said:
My 16-year-old was having his birthday party last night and the UPS man came at 7 p.m. I heard the doorbell ring and so did no. 1 son and no. 3 daughter (big mouth).

No. 3 daughter is first and starts saying out loud "Jill....." as she reads the return address.

No. 1 son who is wise to the ways of his mother grabs the box, tells her to be quiet and I am on his heels -- all three of us are on the doorstep fighting over this box!

I take it into the nearest room (her's), open the closet and throw it in. She comes trotting in asking who Jill is and why did she send me something.

I hissed at her: "it's another purse!"

This was after explicit instructions I gave the UPS man when I met him coming up into the development not to ever knock on our door and where he was supposed to hide the box.

I am running out of lives and about to be busted. I can feel it. I have three more boxes coming within the next week and the odd's are catching up with me. I have been too lucky so far.

PHH has only noticed the mombasa just because it's so unusual. the rest....I tell him that I've had forever.

:roflmfao: Picturing this whole scene just cracks me up! I don't have "accomplices" (kids) but I've definitely been known to run around the house like a nut trying to smuggle in the goods...

LOL i just say when it comes to friends who are on my case about that that some girls need guys to buy them pretty things, whereas this girl can spoil herself anytime, anyway she likes it.

These stories are great! My hubby usually knows about all the purchases that I have shipped at home....but shopping is another matter. I usually hide the receipts and tell him they were on sale.
I also use the old line'They were $200 jeans on sale for $50" to make it look good.
Unfortunately though, hubby is in sales...so he is hip to my psychological tactics and they don't always work!

I used to fib like a mad thing about the bags--"It's a fake, I paid $25 for it" or "Dude, what a great sale!"--until my husband found the receipt for my Prada tote. Game over! Now I go out of my way to be honest about it, and as long as we can pay the bills, and he gets a treat every now and again, he's okay.

Haha! Mine is an artist and because the visual is so important, he always notices something new, but I have tried to smuggle things in nevertheless, even though it's money I've earned because I am embarrassed at being so compulsive (it's a hopeless attempt). The funny thing though is I'm also embarrassed because the doormen see all the packages and I know read the labels to see where the stuff is coming from. Why am I embarrassed that the doormen know I'm a compulsive purse fiend? It's pathetic!

Dang! I bought 3 bags today and paid extra to have them delivered Wednesday because my husband is taking off Thursday and Friday (vacation days). He just informed me he's decided to take the Tuesday and Wednesday off as well! Don't know how I'm going to watch him AND the front door at the same time.

Lynlaine said:
Dang! I bought 3 bags today and paid extra to have them delivered Wednesday because my husband is taking off Thursday and Friday (vacation days). He just informed me he's decided to take the Tuesday and Wednesday off as well! Don't know how I'm going to watch him AND the front door at the same time.

You sound just like me. I plot and plot and sometimes all that hard work just fails! Good Luck!

I am so bad - I have all my packages delivered to me @ work. Then I sneak them home and into the closet and gradually introduce them one by one so DH won't be too shocked :nuts: He always notices my new purchases though but doesn't say too much anymore....