Kate Spade??? Thoughts, experiences good and bad

I'm really sorry to hear about your bad experience! Somewhat off topic, but another thing I've noticed is that since they've really started to expand where I live, their staff lack product knowledge and the training to deliver exceptional customer service which means instead of going to the new locations that are closer, I still end up driving about 30 mins to see my original SA.

Yeah, it stinks. So instead I ordered the necklace version and ring lol.

That's a bummer you have to drive further. Sounds like you have a good SA that is worth sticking with. Do they make a commission on sales?

Yeah, it stinks. So instead I ordered the necklace version and ring lol.

That's a bummer you have to drive further. Sounds like you have a good SA that is worth sticking with. Do they make a commission on sales?
I'd hate having to compromise, it's like I'm just settling, were the not able to refund your money back?

I have some amazing SAs who know just what I like at two different locations, and a good friend at a third - perks of working in retail[emoji6]

I'd hate having to compromise, it's like I'm just settling, were the not able to refund your money back?

I have some amazing SAs who know just what I like at two different locations, and a good friend at a third - perks of working in retail[emoji6]

Yeah I'll get a refund after they get the wrong item back. I initially was deciding between the bracelet or necklace and decided to get the bracelet. Now since that isn't happening I'm getting the necklace and decided to add a ring to the purchase too. Spend more lol. Great. [emoji14]

Yeah I'll get a refund after they get the wrong item back. I initially was deciding between the bracelet or necklace and decided to get the bracelet. Now since that isn't happening I'm getting the necklace and decided to add a ring to the purchase too. Spend more lol. Great. [emoji14]
Oh I always do that, if I return or exchange something I see it as "I saved 'x' amount" but than I end up spending even more, such a bad habit. I got a sneak preview of the new floorset for next month, I'm in love with the colours[emoji7] Although they're not all colours I'd have thought would be part of the summer collection.

Oh I always do that, if I return or exchange something I see it as "I saved 'x' amount" but than I end up spending even more, such a bad habit. I got a sneak preview of the new floorset for next month, I'm in love with the colours[emoji7] Although they're not all colours I'd have thought would be part of the summer collection.

Oh what colors? [emoji848]

Oh what colors? [emoji848]
Navy blue, periwinkle blue, white, black, baby pink if I remember correctly. It's a nautical theme so there's some anchors, boats, and a map print too. Probably one of my favorite collections in a while[emoji7] If you go in store they have it in the back room and they're able to sell it, even though it won't be on display until probably Monday. My sales associate was showing me cus she knew the color scheme was my thing, I've been looking for blues!

Navy blue, periwinkle blue, white, black, baby pink if I remember correctly. It's a nautical theme so there's some anchors, boats, and a map print too. Probably one of my favorite collections in a while[emoji7] If you go in store they have it in the back room and they're able to sell it, even though it won't be on display until probably Monday. My sales associate was showing me cus she knew the color scheme was my thing, I've been looking for blues!
Oh that's right a nautical theme. I saw a few of the SLG's online and they're cute!

I have recently started buying several Kate Spade Bags. Actually they now over power my Coach Bags.

The designs are simple yet elegant. The feel of the leather is fabulous. I'm in awe of the 14Kt gold accents, and i just love her logo.

my experience with Kate Spade has been very positive, The sales reps, Customer service treat me really nice. As with Coach.

there is not a special section in the Purse Forum for Kate Spade lovers. But they are well made and High quality.

Would love to hear anyone's thoughts.. pros and cons.. hopefully all positive :tup:

I have recently started buying several Kate Spade Bags. Actually they now over power my Coach Bags.

The designs are simple yet elegant. The feel of the leather is fabulous. I'm in awe of the 14Kt gold accents, and i just love her logo.

my experience with Kate Spade has been very positive, The sales reps, Customer service treat me really nice. As with Coach.

there is not a special section in the Purse Forum for Kate Spade lovers. But they are well made and High quality.

Would love to hear anyone's thoughts.. pros and cons.. hopefully all positive :tup:
[QUOTE="mzedith

My new Kate Spade sat two months in storage in a plastic purse hanger behind my closet door. The red colour on the edge of the handle on both sides bled into the face of the purse. I contacted customer service and they told me that it was caused by "normal wear and tear" and was not covered by their warranty. I had never worn the purse and nothing had ever touched it but itself and it was only two months into their one year warranty. . When I looked for the label inside the pocket that they ask you to send I realized that on the back of the Kate Spade made in New York label it actually says made in China. The cheap China dye had leaked on my brand new purse and Kate spade is denying any responsibility for their quite obvious factory defect. I bought 4 Kate purses and this is the last. You can see how the dye Mark fits perfectly on the purse handle.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 1,035
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 1,010
My new Kate Spade sat two months in storage in a plastic purse hanger behind my closet door. The red colour on the edge of the handle on both sides bled into the face of the purse. I contacted customer service and they told me that it was caused by "normal wear and tear" and was not covered by their warranty. I had never worn the purse and nothing had ever touched it but itself and it was only two months into their one year warranty. . When I looked for the label inside the pocket that they ask you to send I realized that on the back of the Kate Spade made in New York label it actually says made in China. The cheap China dye had leaked on my brand new purse and Kate spade is denying any responsibility for their quite obvious factory defect. I bought 4 Kate purses and this is the last. You can see how the dye Mark fits perfectly on the purse handle.

Such a shame - I don't buy their purses anymore either.

I have 4 KS bags that I use regularly, 3 for work and one for weekends. I found the quality to be a mixed bag. I don't rotate my bags very often, I'd pick one to carry for months at a time then swap it out for another and so on. I also commute to work on packed public transport so my work bags are exposed to a lot of wear and tear. I have to say my two Wellesley bags have held up really well, barely any wear and tear noticeable on them. Unfortunately on one of my other bags, the piping on the handles have come off and need a professional to fix. On another, the colour has worn off the straps where I carry it on my shoulder, and there's a loose stitch where the strap is sewn onto the bag, which means I worry about carrying anything remotely heavy in it now.

I also have a wallet from KS, which I've used every day for almost a year, and it's still looking great.

Reactions: Alliekatt29