Just need to rant about a bad Starbucks experience...

We've had our share of bad starbucks experiences, yet we continue to waste our money there, go figure.

First of all, go online and log a complaint against the store. Someone will email you back.

We had an experience where we ordered a white mocha, very simple and popular drink. We received something caramely and told the barista it wasn't a white mocha as ordered. They made it again. We took one sip and it was like pure espresso so we returned that one. The barista said, "Look, we're not tasting drinks here." We said, this is not what it is supposed to taste like and we should know as often as we order it so please make me a new one. She complied and then finally it was correct. As soon as I got home, I logged a complaint online. To think we were tasting drinks, sorry but we have no time for that nonsense.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience....I have often learned that if time is really of the essence, I forgo my Starbucks experience. I really appreciate the fantastic service I get at my favorite Starbucks. It really does depend on the manager. These barristas are really great--I am a regular so they know to have my drink ready. But there have been times when if it looks really busy, I pass it up. Glad to hear that they are getting re-trained.

I got a response already:

Hello Margaret,

I was very sorry to hear about your recent experience at the ******** Starbucks store. I appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention. I will share your comments with the management team responsible for the store in order to address the issue properly.

In order to invite you back into our stores, I have arranged for some beverage coupons to be sent to you. You should receive them soon.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact us at http://www.starbucks.com/customer/ or call 1-800-235-2883 to speak directly with a Customer Relations representative.

Sincerely,

Megan E. Customer Relations Representative
Starbucks Coffee Company

---

I appreciate the coupons, but when I go to use them this better not happen again...

That's rediculous, I would have been fuming because of his attitude about the whole thing!! they should have given you a few free drink tickets and apologised!! Luckily my Starbucks experiences with the people who work there have always been positive, I think you may have found the one a$$hole! As far as drinks go, my chai's are always inconsistent, some days perfect, other days barely flavoured hot water.

The starbucks my me always give me my drinks overfilled and half the time it's not even the right thing. I understand they're busy and it gets a little hectic in there at times... but is that the kind of service they would want???
^ :yes:That's been my experience too!
There's 2 Starbucks right near where I work that are always GREAT. The employees are super friendly and helpful, and the service is always good. So is the coffee. But all the other ones I've been to lately are TERRIBLE-- rude employees, long waits when there's no one else waiting, overfilled drinks, coffee tastes like wet cardboard :s...

I think you did the right thing, Margaret! Their customer service has really gone down the drain!! One of my first experiences with Starbucks was ~10 years ago when I was at the one (back when there was only ONE lol) in Times Square. It took the guy 5 mins to make a frapucchino because he didn't know what he was doing and he felt bad so he gave me a stack of those coupons on the spot. I hadn't even complained! :shocked: :tup:

I spent 6 weeks working at a coffee shop & I can tell you that making those drinks are more complicated than you think.
This does not excuse that guy's rudeness whatsoever.
I'm just saying that it really is an artform, making those drinks.

I spent 6 weeks working at a coffee shop & I can tell you that making those drinks are more complicated than you think.
This does not excuse that guy's rudeness whatsoever.
I'm just saying that it really is an artform, making those drinks.

I know it's really hard, I actually admire the baristas... I always am telling my mom, "How do they remember how to make so many???? :wtf:" I wanted to work there as a summer job, but after seeing how much work it can be, I'm thinking of working at a clothing store instead...

I loved working as a barista. That said, what happened to you is simply obnoxious! PITA or not, I tried to keep things equitable. Being a barista was one of my best jobs (unfortunately doesn't pay great).

As far as the Splenda statement, I'm mortified. I can't even imagine what anyone could say in response to that.

The worst service I ever got was the completely wrong drink and they weren't even busy. The Starbucks here is just incredibly slow, hence I just bought my own cappuccino machines and make them myself.

That's horrible!

I used to work at Starbucks, and there is NO EXCUSE for a barista to treat a customer like that! That was my only job where I honestly had fun. I liked my coworkers and I liked most of the customers.

Was it just that one barista there? If there were a lot of drinks, there should have been one person at the hot counter and one at the cold counter. That way, you wouldn't have had to wait so long for your drink, and neither would have anyone else.

That's horrible!

I used to work at Starbucks, and there is NO EXCUSE for a barista to treat a customer like that! That was my only job where I honestly had fun. I liked my coworkers and I liked most of the customers.

Was it just that one barista there?
If there were a lot of drinks, there should have been one person at the hot counter and one at the cold counter. That way, you wouldn't have had to wait so long for your drink, and neither would have anyone else.

I believe there were 3-4, actually. But DEFINITELY more than 1. The guy that made mine was working both the hot and cold counters, he served roughly 3 frapps and 5 lattes before me. :tdown: The other baristas also made a couple drinks, all hot.

margaritamix, that doesn't seem very effective to me. In my store, one person would stay at the hot counter and one person would stay at the cold counter. It worked, because everyone knew where they were supposed to be and what they were supposed to do and it ran like a well-oiled machine.

The only exception to that rule would be, for example, if the hot counter person didn't have any drinks and the cold counter person was laden with Frappuccino orders, the hot person would make any shaken iced tea / coffee orders.

I think it depends on the store - at any of my local stores, we don't have separate hot and cold people to handle the drinks. But my local starbucks has a policy where if you wait more than 5 minutes for a drink, they give you a coupon for a free beverage. Once I came in and ordered an iced passion tea lemonade, and since they didn't have tea brewed and I had to wait an extra few minutes, somebody came out and gave me coupons. It was very nice of them, even though they told me there would be a wait and I was fine with it.

The absolute worst starbucks I have ever been to was at GW (my undergrad) in the student center. There was always pandemonium and nothing was ever made properly. And no apologies or re-dos, either.

margaritamix, that doesn't seem very effective to me. In my store, one person would stay at the hot counter and one person would stay at the cold counter. It worked, because everyone knew where they were supposed to be and what they were supposed to do and it ran like a well-oiled machine.

The only exception to that rule would be, for example, if the hot counter person didn't have any drinks and the cold counter person was laden with Frappuccino orders, the hot person would make any shaken iced tea / coffee orders.

Yeah, now that you bring it up, I don't get it either.

Hopefully the re-training whips cafes like mine back into shape!!