Just Curious...What first impressed you about Hermes?

Five years ago I found a carré from Hermès (Ramses) at a flea market. I knew the Hermès brand name, but that was all. I kept the carf two years in a closet, I had bought it purely for the design. When my grandmother told me that I had found something very special, I had no idea of the value.
After some research and much Hermèsshops later, I started saving for my first Birkin. :roflmfao:

Besides, the SA did assure me that I had found a real carré and that for 2 EUR.She wrapped the scarf in a beautiful orange box. This because I have unfortunately not was able to buy it with it on the market

Let's say, a very cool and special meeting with Hermès. Actually, the weird encounter with the brand for my attention is aroused.

The brand itself. If i'm buying a handbag i'm very picky with brands. Yup i'm somewhat of bag snob. I also wanted a bag brand that will carry me as i age. That's what drew me in first.

Then the more i read about it the more i'm happy with the brand. I just bought myself a chanel tote & a prada tote for the simple reason H doesnt make the bag i wanted - a comfy tote that goes over the shoulder (chanel.. I bought a cambon btw); the prada is a nylon gauffre in teal. Loove the functionality & the playfulness.

Then after buying these 2 "new to me brands" i still want to go back to H ( a 35 or sb2 & jypsiere 34 s & a chanel reissue in navy). H still won in my wishlist 3 vs 1.

Last edited:
The scrumptious leathers, colors, and craftsmanship :love: I also love the ambiance of the store - just slowly taking your time browsing beautiful pieces and chatting with friendly SA's

For me it was the absolute attention to detail. My 1st was a Kelly and i was impressed with the stitching, leather, even how heavy it was!
Add the fact that they're hand-made by a single craftsman, and i was smitten.
I know i'll never get over the Birkin. The style is just perfect for my taste and the detail still impresses me every time i carry either one of mine.
They feel perfect in my hand or on my arm.