Just a friendly note

amanda said:
i wouldn't have had to get ugly if we could have all listened the first 500 times we said it nicely.

swanky started this out as a friendly reminder, and people jumped on her and called basically all the mods manipulators. that was completely uncalled for, particularly based on some of the thinly-veiled selling that i've seen in this section and that we've tried to turn a blind eye to up until this point.

I am late to this thread and I am REALLY annoyed. :mad:

Not at Megs or Vlad or the Mods. My hat's off to them and I agree with everything they've posted.

I'm annoyed by all the whining.

This forum was founded by Megs and Vlad. It's theirs. They get to define the rules. We are guests here. It's a privilege to be here, not a right.

When anyone joins, part of the deal is that you agree to abide by the rules of the Forum.

I am sick to death of all the Marketplace whining that has gone on.

I am also very, very tired of all the very transparent attempts at transactions on the Forum. It doesn't just happen here. And no one - least of all Megs, Vlad and the Mods are fooled by such posts as "Gee, I need to sell X bag, what price should I ask?", etc.

What in the hell is so hard about abiding the rule of tPF and refraining from conducting transactions via tPF?? :mad:

The Marketplace was not always a part of tPF. Megs and Vlad were KIND and GRACIOUS enough to give it a whirl. It became a nightmare and a liability. They did the right thing by removing it.

And the whining has never stopped. And the wiggling around the rules hasn't stopped.

A lot of us are sick of it, but know that if we post that opinion, we'll get slammed just like Megs, Vlad and the Mods are getting slammed. Slammed and disrespected.

Sometimes members have good ideas about changes that could be made to a forum or site. In those instances, there are appropriate ways to deal with that. Everyone here is free to PM Megs, Vlad and the Mods with any ideas or concerns.

Just because you want something your way doesn't mean you get to have it. It doesn't even mean it's a good idea. Go ahead and make appropriate requests or suggestions. But RESPECT Megs' and Vlad's decisions. This is their forum! If you can't respect them, then I have to wonder why you are here.

I'm tired of the selfish whining. The original purpose of tPF had nothing to do with buying and selling! If that is your primary interest here, then you're missing the point.

Megs, Vlad..and all of the Mods. You're doing an awesome job here. I am appalled at how some of the members are treating you all. :cry:

[

and for the record, if someone starts a thread that's all about "aww, i'm so sad, i have to part with this bag, i hope i can get at least retail for it" i'm gonna shut you down. and i'm not going to feel the need to be polite about it,[/quote]

I think there is no need to be so serious.Sometimes ppl said that maybe just a little bit complaint about themselves and maybe they mean they can going to sell through ebay or somewhere else. If they are banned by saying this, then it is kind of too strct to all the members here. JMHO.

Chloe_concord said:
and for the record, if someone starts a thread that's all about "aww, i'm so sad, i have to part with this bag, i hope i can get at least retail for it" i'm gonna shut you down. and i'm not going to feel the need to be polite about it,

I think there is no need to be so serious.Sometimes ppl said that maybe just a little bit complaint about themselves and maybe they mean they can going to sell through ebay or somewhere else. If they are banned by saying this, then it is kind of too strct to all the members here. JMHO.

No no... she meant close the thread down. Not ban them...

Leah411 said:

Not at Megs or Vlad or the Mods. My hat's off to them and I agree with everything they've posted.

This forum was founded by Megs and Vlad. It's theirs. They get to define the rules. We are guests here. It's a privilege to be here, not a right.

When anyone joins, part of the deal is that you agree to abide by the rules of the Forum.

I am also very, very tired of all the very transparent attempts at transactions on the Forum. It doesn't just happen here. And no one - least of all Megs, Vlad and the Mods are fooled by such posts as "Gee, I need to sell X bag, what price should I ask?", etc.

What in the hell is so hard about abiding the rule of tPF and refraining from conducting transactions via tPF?? :mad:

The Marketplace was not always a part of tPF. Megs and Vlad were KIND and GRACIOUS enough to give it a whirl. It became a nightmare and a liability. They did the right thing by removing it.

And the whining has never stopped. And the wiggling around the rules hasn't stopped.

A lot of us are sick of it, but know that if we post that opinion, we'll get slammed just like Megs, Vlad and the Mods are getting slammed. Slammed and disrespected.

Sometimes members have good ideas about changes that could be made to a forum or site. In those instances, there are appropriate ways to deal with that. Everyone here is free to PM Megs, Vlad and the Mods with any ideas or concerns.

Just because you want something your way doesn't mean you get to have it. It doesn't even mean it's a good idea. Go ahead and make appropriate requests or suggestions. But RESPECT Megs' and Vlad's decisions. This is their forum! If you can't respect them, then I have to wonder why you are here.

I'm tired of the selfish whining. The original purpose of tPF had nothing to do with buying and selling! If that is your primary interest here, then you're missing the point.

Megs, Vlad..and all of the Mods. You're doing an awesome job here. I am appalled at how some of the members are treating you all. :cry:

:yes: :flowers: :idea:

(that is my non-verbal response to you... keep in mind body language, aka smiley language, speaks louder than words)

Chloe_concord said:

i'm not going to ban anyone, that's not my call. i'll delete the thread and send a warning to the person that started it, though. we've tried to ignore this type of thing going on, but people are getting really blatant and disrespectful about it, and i really don't think that's fair to vlad and megs.

Vlad said:
She's been banned on 5 other nicks as well, bella03, l1nk1np4rk, gucci8586 and another 2 I don't recall. Originally registered as gucci8586 and screwed over another PF member. We don't keep gals like that around.

Holy cr*p...I cant believe she even came back. She gets an "A" for persistence.

tod said:
Holy cr*p...I cant believe she even came back. She gets an "A" for persistence.

She even had the guts to email me, saying that it's BS that she got banned. Oh well. Another one bites the dust.

^ Um.... A LOT!!!!!!! Around 400 or so I believe. And many come back with different names... Some of them are harmless but have to go because they don't follow rules, some try to sell fakes, some are outright beyond rude :rolleyes:

Leah411 said:

very well written!