Judge Judy tells it like it is to a Ebay Scammer.

Liberté;2010540 said:
I don't like how judy handled the case, she was way out of line, but the scammer got what she deserved though.

My thoughts exactly. If an ordinary person behaved the same way towards another it'd probaby construe as verbal abuse...I don't think judges yell at people like that IRL.

It makes me think "Is this what people think is entertainment?" These days people seem to be watching judges on TV judge other people and be really mean to them, and finding it greatly amusing. Whatever happend to the good old dog and pony show?

My thoughts exactly. If an ordinary person behaved the same way towards another it'd probaby construe as verbal abuse...I don't think judges yell at people like that IRL.

It makes me think "Is this what people think is entertainment?" These days people seem to be watching judges on TV judge other people and be really mean to them, and finding it greatly amusing. Whatever happend to the good old dog and pony show?

I can not speak for all judge shows, but a friend of mine knew someone who worked very closely with Judge Judy before she got her show. This person said she is really like this in real life and it's not an act. She can be a major b*tch in general. (The person who worked with her words not mine, but I agree from what I see) :sad:

HAHA, I LOOVVVE her!!! I saw this episode when it aired and I felt that like every case these days involved an eBay transaction... wonder what would happen if we take people to court that sold us fakes!!:cursing:

I dont know.. I like that she gives it to people in the harsh, rough, yelling way that she does... esp. to the wayward kids.. so it really teaches them a lesson, and some people on that show are not all there, if you know what I mean.. so Im glad that she really teaches society the rights and wrong and MAKES sure it sticks in their head!:smash: :smash:

I dont know.. I like that she gives it to people in the harsh, rough, yelling way that she does... esp. to the wayward kids.. so it really teaches them a lesson, and some people on that show are not all there, if you know what I mean.. so Im glad that she really teaches society the rights and wrong and MAKES sure it sticks in their head!:smash: :smash:
Well, that's what the punishments are supposed to do, not the judges. They are not hired to be nannies, at least not in my country. I know US is a bit different and that this is entertainment, but this would've been WAAAAY out of line even on a show here. She didn't just make a just decision, but brought in subjects that didn't have anything to do with the case directly or even remotely. She was harassing the defendant and her family. In some ways she was acting as rude as the defendant herself, to me she seemed like someone who should take her job a lot more seriously and give a lot more thought to what comes out of her mouth. At least she didn't seem dumb, just inconsiderate.

Liberté;2011500 said:
Well, that's what the punishments are supposed to do, not the judges. They are not hired to be nannies, at least not in my country. I know US is a bit different and that this is entertainment, but this would've been WAAAAY out of line even on a show here. She didn't just make a just decision, but brought in subjects that didn't have anything to do with the case directly or even remotely. She was harassing the defendant and her family. In some ways she was acting as rude as the defendant herself, to me she seemed like someone who should take her job a lot more seriously and give a lot more thought to what comes out of her mouth. At least she didn't seem dumb, just inconsiderate.

I agree. Yes scammers should be punished, but not by being berated loudly by a Judge who sounded like a fishwife. If you ask my opinion that scamming aside, the scammer conducted herself much better than Judge Judy in the courtroom! "I am ten times smarter than you!!" Huh?

It may be entertainment, but it's disgusting. I know this is not a thread about the Judge Judy show itself, but I don't think people other than those who think Judge Judy is great is going to approve of the Judge's conduct.

Yelling? Leave it to parents of teenagers.

Wow....that women made me sick. To scam all those people and then to have a snotty attitude (ie "Not my fault she can't read) really takes some balls. If I were her, I would want to go crawl under a rock; not try to defend myself.

LOL best Judge Judy ever! I think Judy ranted more than usual because it was a pretty obvious case and had 10 minutes to kill. The baby making comments were a low hit but the scammer got what she deserved.

Liberté;2011500 said:

I understand, however, I know many families whose parents could care less and dont even wake their kids up for school when they cant do it themselves.. I agree that rearing of children should primarily be done by parents, but to most parents who dont seem to care to do that (which is a majority of the cases that Ive seen,) a good wake up call by her is what is needed. Its great when parents know how to discipline their children and make it stick, however parents who try and have it not work as much is not their fault since they tried, however, parents who seem bothered by the existence of their children or having to raise them is another scenario and thats where Judy comes in..

And she thought she can get away with " It's not my fault she can't read!!"
Yeah, in this case, the scammer's excuse was "its not my fault she cant read"... who in their RIGHT mind puts up an auction for a phone and in the smallest print say "this auction is just for a picture".. think about it, if that happened to you, you would be livid.. that screammmmmms scammer and people like that should not be allowed on eBay and should be taught their just lesson because eBay sure as h*ll isnt going to do it.. the scammer in this case was a complete idiot, so Judy acted appropriatley.

Of course Judge Judy is over the top, she's on TV. In a normal court room that behavior wouldn't fly. I love Judge Judy and I'm glad she gave that scammer a hard time. What a horrible, horrible person. Who in their right mind would go to court to defend selling a picture of a cell phone for $250??? All scammers should have to see Judge Judy. :yes: I would watch every episode.

Yeah I found it horrible how someone would even think about just selling a photo of a phone. The blonde chick was obviously out to get some poor buyer in hopes they wouldn't read the fine print. Even if a buyer missed it, it is so wrong to sell a picture like that.

What got the blonde though is the fact she put 4.60oz as the weight when obviously a piece of paper does not way that much. So based on technicality she didn't sell what was described.