Journal of my plastic surgery in Seoul

Nov 16, 2015
Ok, so I've decided to begin writing about my plastic surgery journey.

I just received an email from my #1 choice (The Line) and I am a bit disappointed. First, I had to email them again today after not hearing anything back for about a week. Not only was the quote ridiculously high, but there are several other issues. They recommended power v, completely ignored my need for revision liposuction on my torso (which means the quote would be even higher), didn't mention anything about my eyes and said they could do NOTHING about my scar but laser. I KNOW that's not true.

I expected much better treatment, to be honest. I will still consult with them when I arrive, but I am not sure that I will get the result that I want with what they advised. I emailed The Line before contacting DocfinderKorea and am waiting to see what results they come back with.

I have quite a war chest to finance this, but that doesn't mean that I'm just going to throw money around. I want the right results and I'll be damned if I spend a bunch of money and don't end up with the results I want.

Here's my hospital list now:

1, Banobagi
2. Deluxe
3. DAPRS
4. The Line

Banobagi was already moving ahead of The Line because they have their own onsite place for their patients to stay and their after care is incredible. I was waiting to arrive and do my consult at The Line to find out about their aftercare, but now...? They went from number 1 to number 4.

Ok, The Line is this close to being O-U-T.

I wrote back to ask about accommodations and after care and this was her answer:

"We can help you to book an accommodation.
Also, for the day of surgery, we could offer a porridge and pumpkin juice. "

This is my only contact with them and it could just be that particular consultant. I am not getting a good feeling from how they deal with people right now. I will see how I feel when I get to Seoul, but when I get a feeling, it's never wrong. My present feeling will either be maintained or completely changed by my IRL interaction at the clinic itself.

I am still in contact with docfinderkorea. No recommendations yet because I forgot to send her some pictures she asked for. I just sent them, so we will see. But my feelings are that I am probably going to go with Banobagi. I keep finding more and more things from them even when I am not trying.

Are there any threads where we can just put links of what we find? There are a lot of people who blog about their plastic surgery and I think seeing objective things would help. Let me know what you think.

I wrote back to ask about accommodations and after care and this was her answer:

This is my only contact with them and it could just be that particular consultant. I am not getting a good feeling from how they deal with people right now. I will see how I feel when I get to Seoul, but when I get a feeling, it's never wrong. My present feeling will either be maintained or completely changed by my IRL interaction at the clinic itself.

I am still in contact with docfinderkorea. No recommendations yet because I forgot to send her some pictures she asked for. I just sent them, so we will see. But my feelings are that I am probably going to go with Banobagi. I keep finding more and more things from them even when I am not trying.

Are there any threads where we can just put links of what we find? There are a lot of people who blog about their plastic surgery and I think seeing objective things would help. Let me know what you think.
to be quite honest, I find it really hard to find non-biased reviews of BANOBAGI since almost all reviews on the net are from sponsored bloggers

to be quite honest, I find it really hard to find non-biased reviews of BANOBAGI since almost all reviews on the net are from sponsored bloggers

I understand that, but every single one I have seen is EXTREMELY detailed with before, during and after pictures. There are also people who weren't sponsored and did the same research we are doing here. The results are all that matters. And their results are amazing. Sponsored or not, facts are facts. If you dig long and hard enough, you will find the truth - good or bad.

I looked at a lot of other well known clinics, but you can't deny certain things like deaths, misbehavior and multiple botched surgeries. I was really stuck on The Line until my email experience with them. Everyone's journey is different.

I have found a lot on Babitalk from other clinics, which is how I found Deluxe and DAPRS. I'm about to go check out some more reviews on Babitalk right now, actually.

Same things happened to me. I first emailed TLPS due to their reputation for facial contouring and was offerd somewhat very high qoute compares to others clinic. But i was going to pay a deposit for my surgery and asking for more information about the treatment & aftercare but the consultant never reply my email. I then contacted The Line via Email. The qoute was good for the procedures i need ( 30% less than TLPS) and i could receive more discount if i would pay the deposit in advance. The consultant also suggest me to add further procedures which would be good for me in her opinion. But after i have request more information about the Pre&Post Surgery she didn't reply me afterward. Very Weird.
I think they prefer to deal with facilitators instead of wasting time corresponding with individuals who may not choose their clinics. It took up to one week until i got their answers. I really feel like bothering them and wasting their time somehow:nono:
I'm not saying that these clinics are bad, their Docs might be good but because of the uncooperative behaviour of the consultants to the potential customer i have decided not to contact them further:yes:

Last edited:
Same things happened to me. I first emailed TLPS due to their reputation for facial contouring and was offerd somewhat very high qoute compares to others clinic. But i was going to pay a deposit for my surgery and asking for more information about the treatment & aftercare but the consultant never reply my email. I then contacted The Line via Email. The qoute was good for the procedures i need ( 30% less than TLPS) and i could receive more discount if i would pay the deposit in advance. The consultant also suggest me to add further procedures which would be good for me in her opinion. But after i have request more information about the Pre&Post Surgery she didn't reply me afterward. Very Weird.
I think they prefer to deal with facilitators instead of wasting time corresponding with individuals who may not choose their clinics. It took up to one week until i got their answers. I really feel like bothering them and wasting their time somehow:nono:
I'm not saying that these clinics are bad, their Docs might be good but because of the uncooperative behaviour of the consultants to the potential customer i have decided not to contact them further:yes:

I totally agree.

I am still going to consult with The Line when I arrive in Seoul because I don't blame someone for their staff unless it's clear that they allow that behavior. I was on the phone today with my health insurer and I had to keep asking to speak to the supervisor. The rep kept telling me that he was the one telling her what she was telling me. FINALLY she put him on the phone only for him to tell me that everything she was telling me was WRONG!

Customer Service is huge to me. I don't care if it's at Walmart or Chanel. Bad customer service makes me not want to buy anything. But the doctors don't do the emails, so I won't hold them responsible for what has happened here. We'll see what happens when I'm face to face with them. They're the ones who are going to be operating on me.

Ok, so I have come across a few more clinics that I am interested in:

LaPrin (La Principessa)
Channel Plastic Surgery (CHPS)
Lavian Plastic Surgery

I just found them today and I'm still doing research. I haven't found a lot on either. But what I do know is that LaPrin seems a bit pricey (but does good work) and they add on for a lot of little things that other clinics give for free. I also found some specials they have on BabiTalk. Channel doesn't seem to have a lot of pictures of their work and that concerns me. Lavian has been spoken about here, last year. All 3 see to be small, local clinics.

But I am doing more research on them and Deluxe, so we will see!

Last edited:

Hello ! ^^ I am totally agree with you that you should not blame the staff that is answered your questions via email or phone. Don't completly sad, if you are really want to do surgery at TL then, i wish for your luck. Please kindly informs your story for plastic surgery in Korea. :smile:

I was also have the same thing when i am consider for my mouth protrusion and think that rhinoplasty will help to corrected so that my mouth are not looks so protrude but instead she was quoted me to have v-line and cheekbone reduction which i am never though will be. Also higher price and she was claim that it was included with the medical services. :smile: I am need to asked a lot of questions with the staffs but my emails are not reply so fast, also she still want me to look to her recommendations in the past. I am not sure if i am will be need this surgery until i am hold a phone and asked them. Then, she was kindly talked more about it and i can understand why i was recommend to have it.

Banobagi clinic has got nice reputation, but it is also affiliate with docfinderkorea. I've read some bloggers has been used docfinderkorea and have surgery at Banobagi. What i like is there is guesthouse provided for their patients and rented for lower price so it's nice.. :smile: Well, i am really like them but my emails are never got reply. -.-)

For those who said to avoid clinic that has bad reputation, well i am not agree. I am always seen my friends come to some clinics that has been said as bad reputation but looks great and nothing happen.

Hello ! ^^ I am totally agree with you that you should not blame the staff that is answered your questions via email or phone. Don't completly sad, if you are really want to do surgery at TL then, i wish for your luck. Please kindly informs your story for plastic surgery in Korea. :smile:

I was also have the same thing when i am consider for my mouth protrusion and think that rhinoplasty will help to corrected so that my mouth are not looks so protrude but instead she was quoted me to have v-line and cheekbone reduction which i am never though will be. Also higher price and she was claim that it was included with the medical services. :smile: I am need to asked a lot of questions with the staffs but my emails are not reply so fast, also she still want me to look to her recommendations in the past. I am not sure if i am will be need this surgery until i am hold a phone and asked them. Then, she was kindly talked more about it and i can understand why i was recommend to have it.

Banobagi clinic has got nice reputation, but it is also affiliate with docfinderkorea. I've read some bloggers has been used docfinderkorea and have surgery at Banobagi. What i like is there is guesthouse provided for their patients and rented for lower price so it's nice.. :smile: Well, i am really like them but my emails are never got reply. -.-)

For those who said to avoid clinic that has bad reputation, well i am not agree. I am always seen my friends come to some clinics that has been said as bad reputation but looks great and nothing happen.

It was the holidays, so don't hold a lot against them for how long it takes to get back to you. I heard back from DFK (DocFinderKorea) again and she said the answers from the clinics are coming soon. She has some, but she's waiting until they all come back before she sends them to me. So we will see what happens there.

Right now, my list is:

1. Banobagi
2. DAPRS
3. The Line
4. Channel (CHPS)
5. Deluxe

I need to verify more of the work from Channel and Deluxe. Channel's site is hard for me to navigate since they don't have an English one and Google Translate doesn't work on their Korean site for anything! :lol: They do have amazing event prices and their work I've seen so far is very good. I need to concentrate on Deluxe tomorrow. I won't make my final decision until after I do my face to face consults.

I advise that people check the board and the internet because the serious issues aren't easy to find if you're not Korean. People have died or been seriously harmed, so doing your research is vital. I really had to dig to find more information on serious issues after surgery. One woman went into a coma after having a heart attack. Another's nose was incredibly messed up.

I myself need my rhinoplasty and lipo redone because of a doctor here in the States. He has plenty of successful surgeries, but I'm not the only person he's botched by far. There are way too many people that he's messed up. Not to mention that it took time for the damage he did to show up. So take everything you rad with a grain of salt and take heed to the true mistakes. Some people want what they can't have, will blame the doctor and call it botched. Others won't look botched and are. My nose looks good at first glance. But up close, it's clear that there are issues. PLUS, my breathing has steadily deteriorated since the surgery. But when it was first done, it looked great. The issues with my lipo took time to reveal themselves as well. I did try to get him to fix it and he said there was nothing wrong - and that I needed to lose more weight. A 5'5", size 0 person can't lose anymore weight!

As with anything important, do your due diligence. Your health is the most important thing you have!

I understand that, but every single one I have seen is EXTREMELY detailed with before, during and after pictures. There are also people who weren't sponsored and did the same research we are doing here. The results are all that matters. And their results are amazing. Sponsored or not, facts are facts. If you dig long and hard enough, you will find the truth - good or bad.

I looked at a lot of other well known clinics, but you can't deny certain things like deaths, misbehavior and multiple botched surgeries. I was really stuck on The Line until my email experience with them. Everyone's journey is different.

I have found a lot on Babitalk from other clinics, which is how I found Deluxe and DAPRS. I'm about to go check out some more reviews on Babitalk right now, actually.
can you read korean? I really want to use babitalk but sadly i don't know korean

Hi eurasianbeauty,
When do you plan to go to Kr, also how did you come across Channel and Deluxe?

I'm going next month. I've been all over the internet. Between Google, Babitalk and YouTube, I found clinics that weren't spoken about on here.

I've decided to go with DocFinderKorea. She just got back to me with the 5 clinics and they are all under what I am prepared to pay already, so I am happy that I have a great jumping off place for negotiations. I just have a few more questions before I commit to their services.