John Mayer...... and

Hmmm, the other side's story . . .

John Mayer Counterfeit Shmounterfeit You WANTED Fake Rolexes

3/20/2014 12:55 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

EXCLUSIVE
0319-john-mayer-watch-getty-3.jpg
John Mayer
knew EXACTLY what he was getting when he bought Rolex watches that he now claims are fakes ... because he actually boasted on a message board he knew they were fakes ... this according to the lawyer for the watch dealer he's suing.

TMZ broke the story ... Mayer is suing Robert Maron, claiming he bought $5 million worth of Rolexes from him and some had counterfeit parts.

But TMZ has gotten hold of a letter Maron's lawyer, Eric George, sent to Mayer's attorney before the lawsuit was filed. In the letter, George quotes a Mayer posting on a Rolex message board in 2007 stating he knew a certain type of Rolex -- called a Flat Dial -- contained "counterfeit" parts and some purists believed they were not true Rolexes.

But Mayer made it clear on the message board, he didn't care and wanted to snatch up as many flat dials as he could, saying, "Anyone who wants to sell me one of these watches can get these fake pieces off their hands and make a killing on it."

Mayer adds, "I will even accept a letter from you as a dealer releasing you from any liability in having sold me a counterfeit dial. I will be buying these as counterfeits."

The upshot ... George says Mayer went into his dealings with Maron eyes wide open, and claiming now that he had no idea the pieces had "counterfeit" dials is just B.S.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com#ixzz2wVj83Fyr

Wow! John, what a tool.

Hmmm, the other side's story . . .

John Mayer Counterfeit Shmounterfeit You WANTED Fake Rolexes

3/20/2014 12:55 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

EXCLUSIVE
0319-john-mayer-watch-getty-3.jpg
John Mayer
knew EXACTLY what he was getting when he bought Rolex watches that he now claims are fakes ... because he actually boasted on a message board he knew they were fakes ... this according to the lawyer for the watch dealer he's suing.

TMZ broke the story ... Mayer is suing Robert Maron, claiming he bought $5 million worth of Rolexes from him and some had counterfeit parts.

But TMZ has gotten hold of a letter Maron's lawyer, Eric George, sent to Mayer's attorney before the lawsuit was filed. In the letter, George quotes a Mayer posting on a Rolex message board in 2007 stating he knew a certain type of Rolex -- called a Flat Dial -- contained "counterfeit" parts and some purists believed they were not true Rolexes.

But Mayer made it clear on the message board, he didn't care and wanted to snatch up as many flat dials as he could, saying, "Anyone who wants to sell me one of these watches can get these fake pieces off their hands and make a killing on it."

Mayer adds, "I will even accept a letter from you as a dealer releasing you from any liability in having sold me a counterfeit dial. I will be buying these as counterfeits."

The upshot ... George says Mayer went into his dealings with Maron eyes wide open, and claiming now that he had no idea the pieces had "counterfeit" dials is just B.S.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com#ixzz2wVj83Fyr

It gets worse, if that's possible. . . the douchenozzle was SELLING them knowing they were counterfeit! BOOM!

Charlie Sheen John Mayer's a Shady Cry Baby

3/20/2014 10:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

EXCLUSIVE
0318-charlie-john-mayer-2.jpg

Charlie Sheen is BLASTING John Mayer for claiming he was defrauded by someone who sold him counterfeit Rolexes ... saying Mayer made a fortune off the watches and now just has a bad case of buyer's remorse.

TMZ broke the story ... Mayer is suing Bob Maron, a leading watch dealer, who sold the singer $5 million worth of watches ... and Mayer claims some had counterfeit parts.

Sheen says Mayer is hiding something -- that he re-sold a number of the watches for a HUGE profit. Charlie -- also a big-time watch collector -- tells TMZ, "WAIT!! Mayer spent $5M with Maron and is crying about $600K?!? Ask him how he did on the $4.4M...! Sorry that 7 of your 100 watches aren't to your liking! boohoo!! "

TMZ also reported Mayer posted on a Rolex message board back in 2007 that he was specifically looking for Rolexes with counterfeit parts, and Maron's lawyer says this is PROOF the singer is lying through his teeth when he claims he didn't know what he was buying.

Charlie adds, "Maron wrote the book -- period the end. Nothing but respect for Bob -- his integrity is beyond reproach! This calamity of buyer's remorse 7 years after the fact is clearly a reflection on John Mayer's character and not on Bob Maron's."

Read more: http://www.tmz.com#ixzz2wXTuhUBp

My best guess is that someone he sold a watch to didn't know it was fake. I'm guessing they know now and he played dumb to save face. buuuuuuttttt. . . . .