Japanese Dramas

I just finished watching Pride last night....err earlier today, like 5 am hahahahha Anyway, the lead actor is super gorgeous. He doesn't have that overplucked eyebrow thing hehehhe And his smile just melts your heart.

I sound like a teenager:shame:

I just finished watching Pride last night....err earlier today, like 5 am hahahahha Anyway, the lead actor is super gorgeous. He doesn't have that overplucked eyebrow thing hehehhe And his smile just melts your heart.

I sound like a teenager:shame:

MAGs, the lead star of Pride is Kimura Takuya; he is arguably the most popular star from Japan. He reached a god-like status with Long Vacation in 1996, a lot of fans (domestic & foreign) were crazy for him during that time. Most of his dramas earn very high viewer ratings, therefore, he's considered the King of J-dramas.

Some of his most popular works include:
(1) Long Vacation - loved by many fans! Created another J-drama sensation in 1996 (the 1st was Tokyo Love Story in 1991). It's among the Classics among Classics.

(2) Love Generation - he teamed up with Matsu Takako again. Rating was even higher than LV even though some feel that LV's better.

(3) Beautiful Life - considered a dream team with writer Kitagawa Eriko pairing the lead stars from 2 of her her most popular works: Long Vacation & Say You Love Me (J-drama queen Tokiwa Takako).

(4) Asunaro Hakusho - an earlier work from Kitagawa Eriko. As a 2nd lead, Kimura became an 'idol' among female drama fans.

(5) Hero (3rd collaboration with Matsu)

bag.lover: i have two more episodes of galileo to watch. it started off really interesting, but i think they ran out of ideas towards the end. love the chemistry between the two leads. nodame cantabile is a great show. a bit on the silly side (based on a manga), but i find it really entertaining and its touching when they do have serious moments.

Caley, thanks for the feed back on Galileo & Nodame.

I like Fukyama Masaharu (Galileo lead actor) so much after seeing Under The Same Roof (from 1993); he's my idol even though Egouchi gave a better performance there. I was younger then so I was in my fan-mode. Embarassed. He's a very successful singer/songwriter.

Seeing this thread brings back memories of those days. In the late 90's, J-dramas were much more popular than K-dramas. Female fans were in love with Kimura Takuya (Long Vacation effect), Takenouchi (With Love, Beach Boys), Sorimachi (GTO, Beach Boys), Kaneshiro (God Please Give Me More Time), Fukuyama Masaharu (Under The Same Roof). =)

bag.lover: my mom LOVES yutaka takenouchi and is very disappointed that he doesn't have any upcoming dramas. i have a hard time trying to determine what to watch each season since there's at least 4 shows with johnny's boys in them (not a huge fan of the feminine boy thing....except for akanishi and kamenashi :shame:smile:

i love takuya kimura. i haven't seen any of his earlier dramas. i really liked him in good luck (with kou shibasaki) and karei naru ichizoku...that one had me glued to my seat.

MAGs: speaking of pride. the lead actress, yuko takeuchi, is in a drama this season called bara no nai hanaya. she's so adorable and great at her role thus far. i highly recommend karei naru ichizoku for another round of takuya kimura. the ending is very :nuts::wtf: haha.

Oye! Bag.lover, I see many late nights of jdrama marathons because of that very useful(and very appreciated) info :biggrin:

Caley - I love the lead actress as well. She's simple and very likeable.
I'm going to check if crunchyroll or mysoju have it uploaded.

Thank you both for the recommendations:flowers:

I just love Japanese dramas too! The last one I saw was Bambino, with Matsumoto Jun. I've read some bad reviews of it, but I really, really liked it. It was such a sweet drama and actually made me look up summer jobs as a waitress... :shame:
Anyway, I really recommend it.

Some other dramas I've seen:
-Kimi wa Petto
-Hana Yori Dango
-Nobuta wo Produce
-Kurosagi
-1 Liter of Tears (just horribly sad :shocked:)

I bet there's more, but I can't remember.

ahhh the dreamy takuya kimura haha. my mom prefers kenji sakaguchi from iryu. she claims he's more manly looking than most of the male actors out there.

Tutu: are you a matsujun and yamapi fan? ;) i have kimi wa petto and nobuta wo produce on my drive and i still haven't watched it yet!!! aiya.

bag.lover: my mom LOVES yutaka takenouchi and is very disappointed that he doesn't have any upcoming dramas. i have a hard time trying to determine what to watch each season since there's at least 4 shows with johnny's boys in them (not a huge fan of the feminine boy thing....except for akanishi and kamenashi :shame:smile: /quote]

OMG! nice to know that there are Japanese drama lovers in tPF! I luv em, and watched many, many of em!

and bag.lover-I heard Yukata Takenouchi is starring in a drama next season(from April) along with Takuya Kimura and Eri Hukatsu(she's the one from Sorahoshi w/ Kimura...not sure about the spelling:shame:smile:. Yay! so looking forward to it.

and I'm so used to calling japanese actors the japanese way, like Kimura Takuya instead of Takuya Kimura...puts a new spin on it!

argh I can't seem to quote

Tutu- I also liked bambino! tho it made me crave pasta evey episode. :P

and caley- I watched nobuta and luved it! I think yamapi and kamenashi in school uniforms is so cute!:nuts: which is kinda sad, considering i'm waaaay older than they are. :sweatdrop:

caley: I don't really know if I am a MatsuJun fan or not, he just happens to star in the best dramas! And I love watching clips of Arashi talk shows on youtube, they are the craziest! Now Yamapi, on the other hand... Him I do like. A lot. ;) But he isn't as funny as Jun, so I'm torn between the two of them...

zxcv: Yay! Someone else who likes Bambino!

and caley again: Do watch Kimi wa Petto! You won't regret it.

zxcv: i must tell my mom about takenouchi yutaka's new drama. she will be pleased hahah. and i must put nobuta in my must watch list! what dramas are you currently watching? kame has a drama this season (one pound no fukuin), but i haven't had time to watch it. (i will properly write japanese names from now on. i'm half japanese...shame on me hehehe)

Tutu: i think i have a soft spot for matsujun after watching hanadan 1&2 haha. did you watch yamada taro monogatari? ninomiya and sakurai were so adorable and funny in that one. OH and ohno makes a short cameo in one of the episodes!

I just love Japanese dramas too! The last one I saw was Bambino, with Matsumoto Jun. I've read some bad reviews of it, but I really, really liked it. It was such a sweet drama and actually made me look up summer jobs as a waitress... :shame:
Anyway, I really recommend it.

Some other dramas I've seen:
-Kimi wa Petto
-Hana Yori Dango
-Nobuta wo Produce
-Kurosagi
-1 Liter of Tears (just horribly sad :shocked:)

I bet there's more, but I can't remember.

Nobuta wo Produce was so fun! :tup:
Hana had great production value, but bored me in the end. I still liked seeing all the pretty (boys and scenery ;) )
I read Kimi wa Petto, is it different from the manga?

...is anyone on d-addicts? They have such a great resource on series!