it's not for everyone

HiHeels, your pic reminded me of her in the subway...

attachment.php

I thought for a long time that I'd be insanely careful with my future bag. But now I think I'll just use it, as in, use it like it is meant to be used: well loved! I can always save up to buy another, and it's no fun to be really anal with something you love :yes:

What a great photo, I wish I could be that relaxed with my Hermes bags, lol. It's a useful reminder for me to make my bags work for me, not the other way around. I tend to go through a phase with anything new though whether it's clothes, bags, car, etc. I start off being very precious about it and eventually, after the first couple of 'dings' I relax a bit more. My Picotin, Kelly and Bolide are all very new and I am very careful and fussy with them; my poor old Massai though is 3 years old and a sales item, and gets flung about and generally abused, a blessed relief after the stresses of the other three, lol.

I am guilty of being anal and super careful with all my belongings. I think it is a personality trait and not necessarily an Hermes thing in my case. I don't know if anyone here reads Oprah magazine. I generally don't, but read an article at my sisters house about personalities and what personalities get along better with others. Anyway, one of the specific questions of the personality test was along the lines of "do you take care of your belongings?" - to which my answer was a resounding YES. I would never place any bag on the floor like that unless I absolutely had to.

The funny thing is that with Hermes we can do that because Hermes service is such that we can get things touched up. I think its much better to enjoy life than worry about things so much (which I am trying to ease into!) but thankfully Hermes provides us anal ones, with the safety net of the Hermes SPA! Well worth the extra dollars the bags cost us.

I agree that it is much more elegant and chic to just use your accessories in the way of Joi de Vie and not worry so much. I wish it was easier for me to do so - a la Carolyn B Kennedy......

This is a great reminder of how H bags should be used....well, maybe not on the floor of the subway...that, I definitely can't bring myself to do

oh i don't know. the first pic i posted, that's on a nyc sidewalk. do you know the things i've seen happen on a nyc sidewalk? LOL

glad it was of interest.:flowers:

Great photo HH; I really think Hermes would approve. Here is a woman who wears her H-bag and not vice versa.

One of my favorite observations in Paris was that the H-bags seemed such an natural extension of its owners, with neutral-colored Kellys swinging from the shoulders, flap on the the turnkey, straps loose, and the bags looked like they had been used for a long time. When I mentioned this to the SA, he nodded in approval, stating that these bags are meant to be *used.*
my sentiments exactly!:yes:

What I love about the subway picture is how you can her holding the handle at the same time!!

I have a hard time putting my bags on the ground, otherwise, I am not TOO precious.

Great photo HH; I really think Hermes would approve. Here is a woman who wears her H-bag and not vice versa.

One of my favorite observations in Paris was that the H-bags seemed such an natural extension of its owners, with neutral-colored Kellys swinging from the shoulders, flap on the the turnkey, straps loose, and the bags looked like they had been used for a long time. When I mentioned this to the SA, he nodded in approval, stating that these bags are meant to be *used.*

It was obvious who the non-locals were because there just wasn't the same effect when they had their H-bags and the bags also had a bit more flash and "newness" to it....more reverence than usage which sometimes I'm guilty of. Still finding the right moment to dive in and make my black box Kelly my own, but I do find this photo of CBK highly inspiring!

I agree. One of the reasons I am not an Hermes fan is primarily because I am so annoyed by the majority of Birkin owners I see -- carrying their bags as if they're precious human infants, demanding chairs for them, etc. I find this kind of treatment of an inanimate object very odd. I love the idea of lived-in lux... true luxury that is a part of your life (be it an Hermes bag or a Rothko) versus treating an object as if its holy.

I always love seeing CBK, thank you for the picture. It reminds me also of my favorite photo of Kate Moss. I love that her bag is just sitting there on the sidewalk. You can tell she uses it too because the corners show some wear. I use to be really paranoid about my Kelly when I first got it. It was the most money I had ever spent on a handbag. I would never put it on the floor, always in the chair next to me. I would put it in it's sleeper to place it under the seat on the plane. The first time I noticed slight wear on the corners I panicked. Then my SA told me to wear it, love it and not worry about it. Now, I just carry it and enjoy it. No special bag on the plane, no special seat in the restaurant. I don't put it down in dirt, water or the restroom but it has been on the floor of a restaurant, in the plastic bin at the airport, on the hook under the mirror at the hair salon, on the bleachers at a little league ball game, in the shopping cart at the grocery store. It is starting to show some wear and I love it. It can always go to the spa.

attachment.php

I always love seeing CBK, thank you for the picture. It reminds me also of my favorite photo of Kate Moss. I love that her bag is just sitting there on the sidewalk. You can tell she uses it too because the corners show some wear. I use to be really paranoid about my Kelly when I first got it. It was the most money I had ever spent on a handbag. I would never put it on the floor, always in the chair next to me. I would put it in it's sleeper to place it under the seat on the plane. The first time I noticed slight wear on the corners I panicked. Then my SA told me to wear it, love it and not worry about it. Now, I just carry it and enjoy it. No special bag on the plane, no special seat in the restaurant. I don't put it down in dirt, water or the restroom but it has been on the floor of a restaurant, in the plastic bin at the airport, on the hook under the mirror at the hair salon, on the bleachers at a little league ball game, in the shopping cart at the grocery store. It is starting to show some wear and I love it. It can always go to the spa.

wow, dianagrace, it is a testament to your use of the bag that in my mind, from reading this post, i imagine it is a very gorgeous bag, very appealing, and i only know where it goes and how it's handled, not the specs (sorry, i have no mind for retaining the inventory of all the members - which leather is it?). that certainly is an endorsement to what IntlSet said about lived-in lux. your bag sounds luxurious by virtue of its use. brava.
(oh, and cool pic!)