items laid out on the floor: is it offputting?

If it's clean, no biggie. sometimes it's nearly impossible to find a surface big enough for some items.

My bigger pet peeve is a person wearing an item in the auction. Most of the time it's oogy for a NWT item. I just do not want to picture someone wearing my item. Especially when a mannequin/dress form is only $30.

I have clean hardwood floors... I just put the bag on the floor against my walls... I guess it doesn't bug me. ... but I dont think I'd put clothing on the floor.

What bothers me is when I can see clutter from a person's picture. If it is on the floor and there's nothing around it, fine, if it is on a table and you can see all this junk in the background, drives me nuts and I wouldn't look again.

I thought I was the only one who was bothered by this. I have no problems w/ objects on clean floors, but for the love of all that is good, please just clear off your deak before you shoot the photo. I immediately tag the seller as careless, sloppy...and prone to forgetting to mail out my item.

This could all be untrue of course, but we all have our prejudices. I'm anti-clutterfied sellers. :smile:

I dont mind if they take pictures of it on the floor as long as it is profesional. If theres tons of crap or dirty floors or something you wouldnt want people seeing I think its best to take the picture elsewhere lol.

The cleaner teh better :smile:

I usually put my items on my clean tile floor when photographed because I thought it will look nicer and classier than on the carpet, table or bed. Hmm... after reading this thread, I might just have to change my setting then. :s

if the area looks clean, it actually doesn't bother me at all.
If the floor looks dirty that's no worse than the table being dirty to me.
It's about cleanliness for me, no matter where they think they can capture the best photo.

I agree!

I have a half mannequin which hangs over the door, but when i'm listing lots of items, it can get very time consuming putting clothes on and off, pinning them back etc...so sometimes it's just easier to lay the items on my (clean) carpet:yes:

If i see items in a dirty/untidy background, no matter where it is, i pass...