Isabel Marant Boots thread!

Hi Oatmella!

Thank you so much for this intel.

As we speak... I just pre-ordered myself a pair of bobby's from the s/s 2013 shipment. It's a great colour (gris, which is a greyish/taupish colour). They will arrive between december/februari. It takes a little while but then they will be finally mine :yahoo:

Want a sneak peak?

You're welcome :smile:. Gris is a great color for the bobbys. I didn't know you could preorder for s/s 2013 already!

got my black dickers from lagarconne!

they are definitely black, no debating this colour :P

but i think they're going to be good, change things up from my taupes from last season!!

Attachments

• Photo on 12-07-22 at 3.46 PM.jpg
    Photo on 12-07-22 at 3.46 PM.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 1,037
protein_ said:
got my black dickers from lagarconne!

they are definitely black, no debating this colour :P

but i think they're going to be good, change things up from my taupes from last season!!

I was a little unsure about getting black Dickers at first too but now I love them, they are so versatile!

After seeing the Dicker for the past few years and not really caring for them, suddenly they are appealing to me, and I decided I want some...as to the sizing, in CL,Chanel, Manolo, items to wear size 40... And my miu miu, Prada, Celine, Gucci, Valentino, YSL I am a 39... I have a long but skinny foot, and see that IM says 1/2 sizes to order up... I am a true size 9 in US sizing, but do not own any US sized shoes besides uggs...It looks like I will order from La Garçonne as they seem to have best selection, and was wanting to double check on the sizing, I assume I will need a size 40... Also, I like the look of the Jenny as well, wondering if they run same sizing...and lastly opinions as to these styles continuing to be on trend for the upcoming season... Any input/ advice is much appreciated...back to reading this thread! :smile:

After seeing the Dicker for the past few years and not really caring for them, suddenly they are appealing to me, and I decided I want some...as to the sizing, in CL,Chanel, Manolo, items to wear size 40... And my miu miu, Prada, Celine, Gucci, Valentino, YSL I am a 39... I have a long but skinny foot, and see that IM says 1/2 sizes to order up... I am a true size 9 in US sizing, but do not own any US sized shoes besides uggs...It looks like I will order from La Garçonne as they seem to have best selection, and was wanting to double check on the sizing, I assume I will need a size 40... Also, I like the look of the Jenny as well, wondering if they run same sizing...and lastly opinions as to these styles continuing to be on trend for the upcoming season... Any input/ advice is much appreciated...back to reading this thread! :smile:

hi there!

I am a US 8 and I tend to take a FR39 in all IM shoes. I can't speak to my size in the other brands you mentioned. However, I got my Dickers in a FR38 - they are the ONLY IM shoes that I can wear a FR38. I think this may be due to their length? Also, because they are suede and will stretch over time, the FR39 would simply become too large with wear. If you are able to order a FR39 and 40 to compare then I would recommend that! If it helps, my US8 feet measure approx. 9.5 inches long and the interior of the FR38 Dicker measures 10 inches.

Can't help on the Jenny question. I have never tried them on! Good luck!

I too am interested in the Jenny boot and emailed Matches, and was told that the Jennys run like the Dickers. But I haven't tried them on to confirm this.

Does anyone who owns both the Jenny and the Dicker have advice?

hi there!

I am a US 8 and I tend to take a FR39 in all IM shoes. I can't speak to my size in the other brands you mentioned. However, I got my Dickers in a FR38 - they are the ONLY IM shoes that I can wear a FR38. I think this may be due to their length? Also, because they are suede and will stretch over time, the FR39 would simply become too large with wear. If you are able to order a FR39 and 40 to compare then I would recommend that! If it helps, my US8 feet measure approx. 9.5 inches long and the interior of the FR38 Dicker measures 10 inches.

Can't help on the Jenny question. I have never tried them on! Good luck!

I too am interested in the Jenny boot and emailed Matches, and was told that the Jennys run like the Dickers. But I haven't tried them on to confirm this.

thank you both for the replies! i read lots through this thread this afternoon, and i got to the point where i was about to order on La Garconne, and it appears that as of 7/19 all orders are delayed in processing until tuesday 7/24... so i was also looking at ordering the Khaki from Matches and read mixed reviews on their services... i am in the US and was wondering about paying duty/import fees? it has been so long since i ordered out of the country- and for many years i ordered my coffee every 2 months from italy, and while there were customs forms on my packages, i did not pay anything extra other than what i was charged in my purchase... and when i travel out of the country and fill out the declarations card upon re-entry of the US, i never had issues... i guess what i am wanting to know is if the price that Matches charges is what i will actually be paying if i order to the US and for those who have ordered from Matches, was it a reasonable experience? I was thinking of ordereing the Camel from La Garconne...i wish i could find a green/olive suede pair of the Dicker...and reading this thread made it even more difficult for me to choose a color, as they are all so great... i wear lots of browns... all shades... and while i have a pair of Camel Celine ankle boots that are exquisite and TDF- they are ultra buttery leather that i do not wear daily or even regularly in the fall due to them being so "special"...so i was thinking the IM in Camel would be a great kick around/ casual alternative...something fabulous for day to day... but then there is the khaki... and the gris... but TBH, the Camel would be most versatile for my wardrobe, next being khaki... and if the ones at Matches are going to cost me no extra taxes etc.. then it may be worth ordering both the khaki and the camel... but worried they look too similar/ duplicitous...

After seeing the Dicker for the past few years and not really caring for them, suddenly they are appealing to me, and I decided I want some...as to the sizing, in CL,Chanel, Manolo, items to wear size 40... And my miu miu, Prada, Celine, Gucci, Valentino, YSL I am a 39... I have a long but skinny foot, and see that IM says 1/2 sizes to order up...

CL I'm 39.5, Chanel I'm 38.5, my Ugg (slippers) are a size 8, and IM Dickers I take a 39 (I don't have any other shoes from where you listed :P)!
hope this helps!

chloegal said:

I wear a 39 in both Dicker and Jenny. I'm a US 8.5/9.

chloegal said:

I have both the Jenny & Dickers- they run the same. I wear a 38 in both. I'm a US size 8.