Isabel Marant Boots thread!

I got an email from www.espejto.it today. They've sent me pictures of the A/W Willows they've ordered.
You can contact them to preorder your pair (i've preordered the all black Willows ;))...

Attachments

• image-1163740853.png
    image-1163740853.png
    280 KB · Views: 1,229
  • image-138610408.png
    image-138610408.png
    268.6 KB · Views: 1,236
  • image-2739833160.png
    image-2739833160.png
    227.4 KB · Views: 1,217
  • image-2864612609.png
    image-2864612609.png
    278.2 KB · Views: 1,212
  • image-538760897.png
    image-538760897.png
    270.2 KB · Views: 1,196
Another Update regarding the new Willows (regarding names and prices), also from http://www.espejto.it .

These are the new names and new prices for Isabel Marant Baskets F/W 2012 :
- the black is called " BAZIL " € 410
- the gold is called " BIRD " € 450
- Anthracite , Grey , Kaki are called " BEKETT " € 395

so i don't know if this is the appropriate thread to post this question, but i was wondering if any of you IM boot lovers have an opinion on the a.p.c. suede ankle boots. they are sort of like the IM dickers, but less "western" and i suppose more rugged. the heels are a bit different too. anyway, i've been thinking about buying a pair of taupe IM dickers when they come out for the new season, but i also want to consider other options :P i mean, $600 is a lot to drop on boots...though the apc ones are not that much cheaper.

so tell me, are the dickers really worth it? and would they still look good on shorter people (i'm 5'1")? because i'd really love to invest in some good quality suede ankle boots!

cakewithlegs said:
so i don't know if this is the appropriate thread to post this question, but i was wondering if any of you IM boot lovers have an opinion on the a.p.c. suede ankle boots. they are sort of like the IM dickers, but less "western" and i suppose more rugged. the heels are a bit different too. anyway, i've been thinking about buying a pair of taupe IM dickers when they come out for the new season, but i also want to consider other options :P i mean, $600 is a lot to drop on boots...though the apc ones are not that much cheaper.

so tell me, are the dickers really worth it? and would they still look good on shorter people (i'm 5'1")? because i'd really love to invest in some good quality suede ankle boots!

I have both the APC suede ankle boots & the IM Dickers. The APC's feel solid like they'll last for a long time. The suede leather is thicker too. They weigh more than the Dickers. The Dickers are a light as a feather.

I love both boots. The Dickers mold so incredibly to your feet and feel like butter.

It's really hard call because they may look like their along the same style, but they feel and are built quite differently.

Are you considering the bright yellow APC boot that are available right now? The color is really different than any of the Dicker colors. maybe you'll just have to get both. :smile:

Another Update regarding the new Willows (regarding names and prices), also from http://www.espejto.it .

These are the new names and new prices for Isabel Marant Baskets F/W 2012 :
- the black is called " BAZIL " € 410
- the gold is called " BIRD " € 450
- Anthracite , Grey , Kaki are called " BEKETT " € 395

hi kitechick, did you have to pay espejto.it in advance for your Willows?

TIA

I have both the APC suede ankle boots & the IM Dickers. The APC's feel solid like they'll last for a long time. The suede leather is thicker too. They weigh more than the Dickers. The Dickers are a light as a feather.

I love both boots. The Dickers mold so incredibly to your feet and feel like butter.

It's really hard call because they may look like their along the same style, but they feel and are built quite differently.

Are you considering the bright yellow APC boot that are available right now? The color is really different than any of the Dicker colors. maybe you'll just have to get both. :smile:

well, i'm not sure about the color of the APC boots, but i do like the style. thanks for the descriptions of the different boots though - very helpful! i like that the APCs seem so sturdy, yet i would also very much like to experience the buttery Dickers :biggrin:

as much as i would love both, i think i'll have to keep thinking about it and see which would suit me and my lifestyle the best. maybe i'll own both some day...however, one pair at a time!

This blogger has a post on preferring the A.P.C. boots to IM. She had purchased the Dixie boot though. I believe she is 5'1" as well.. She had some complaints about how the IM looked on her, and she seems to be happy with the A.P.C. I purchased something from her and she is really, really nice. I'm sure if you contacted her and asked some questions she would be more than happy to answer.

Here is the link to the post:

http://assembledhazardly.blogspot.com/2011/12/gearing-up-for-winter-blues.html

I only have the Dickers and not the A.P.C., but I can say that although I don't feel the craftsmanship is particularly fantastic, there is something about them that is elusively perfect. I found $600 a lot to spend on a pair of ankle boots as well, but I have no regrets. They have held up well too, with a spraying of suede protector.

Are the Willows as hard to find in Paris as they are in the US? My brother is visiting Paris in a few weeks and if he could snag me a pair without a problem, I might just ask him. Also, are these true to size? I am usually a US 6.5/7. I was thinking a 37 would be best.

Hi!

I'm your US size (6.5-7) and have the blue/black Willows. I find they run small. I took a french sz 38 in the Willows. Which is equal to a size US 7.

I originally ordered two sizes: sz 37 and 38. I tried the french sz 37 and they were a bit pinchy around the third, second and baby toe. So I returned the 37 and kept the 38. I can wear them with a thin sock.

Just an FYI, I also have the Bobby sneakers in french size 37 from the previous season. So I think the two styles are cut differently for some reason.

Are the Willows as hard to find in Paris as they are in the US? My brother is visiting Paris in a few weeks and if he could snag me a pair without a problem, I might just ask him. Also, are these true to size? I am usually a US 6.5/7. I was thinking a 37 would be best.

I've just laybyed the Dickers in what i hope is anthracite but am worries as they seem a little darker, like a nior. I really want the faded pair. Does anyone know what colour would be in stores now/from the most recent season? I got them from a boutique in Brisbane (AUS) called Calexico

I'm late to this forum but need to ask ~ why are the Dickers boots so expensive?? $580? I think nothing of spending that towards a handbag, but on a suede boot that might just last two years if lucky? Yet, I hear only positive reviews and can't find one negative. Any input? Also, I can't seem to find them here in the U.S. to try on.