Is your bag addiction as contagious as mine.

Hey JnH14!

Your situation sounds alot like mine. My hubby thinks $100 is a TON of money for a handbag. My daughter told him 'That's nothing if it is designer." He actually DID watch 'Devil wears Prada' with us two times over the Xmas break....and he thought Meryl Streeps "style" and clothes were "the best in the whole movie". So he's got something going on.

We took the whole family to Italy 2 years ago and it was during Fashion week so by the time we go to Milan, EVERYONE on the street was tall, gorgeous with clothes that gave you whiplash to look at when they walked by. There were so many!

So now he "gets it" that I love designer bags and he DOES think it is shallow but he doesn't tease me; he is just careful that I don't become an addict, addicted to the simple rush of "buying" but then not caring once I get them. (Won't happen!) But I have gone over my budget many times and I have "charged" things on CC when shouldn't so I'm treading a fine line.

I lie to my friends when they ask me how many I own and how much did I pay......

so perhaps it is bordering on addiction.

I can't say I'm the one who started the trend - but one of the girls from school totally opened my eyes and those of my other friend, starting us down the path to purse-lust...
However, most of my other friends aren't really into it at ALL!! Some will do the Coach thing (I do have a few Coach bags, which I like but I am getting really sick of those bags being everywhere) - however some of my other friends would DIE DIE DIE if they knew how much I have spent on a couple of my bags - and I don't have that many!!

no. :crybaby: i wish! :nuts:
i hang out with some very athletic and sports minded individuals whom have no need or desire for anything designer! only by bf supports my habits! they all think i am nuts! i wish someone would though, so i could have a shopping partner!!!!!

I have had this happen to me too. It started with designer jeans... I ranted and raved and all of my friends were like... I can't believe you paid THAT much for jeans.. and then finally after a friend moving to a bigger city where more people have them.. she thought... these girls' butts look GREAT.. so I gave her some advice on where to shop and brands.. and now she has 3 pairs... AND she has even come around to the handbags!!!! I think it's like spreading beauty to people who didn't know they had it?? LOL or something like that...

Hey JnH14!

Your situation sounds alot like mine. My hubby thinks $100 is a TON of money for a handbag. My daughter told him 'That's nothing if it is designer." He actually DID watch 'Devil wears Prada' with us two times over the Xmas break....and he thought Meryl Streeps "style" and clothes were "the best in the whole movie". So he's got something going on.

We took the whole family to Italy 2 years ago and it was during Fashion week so by the time we go to Milan, EVERYONE on the street was tall, gorgeous with clothes that gave you whiplash to look at when they walked by. There were so many!

So now he "gets it" that I love designer bags and he DOES think it is shallow but he doesn't tease me; he is just careful that I don't become an addict, addicted to the simple rush of "buying" but then not caring once I get them. (Won't happen!) But I have gone over my budget many times and I have "charged" things on CC when shouldn't so I'm treading a fine line.

I lie to my friends when they ask me how many I own and how much did I pay......

so perhaps it is bordering on addiction.

I guess we'll just have to be closet addicts-that's where I keep all of my handbags! LOL:sneaky: