Is it wrong to ask for information/pic after the auction has ended?

Sorry that I disagree with most of the people who said that you must proceed with the transaction even if the additional photos indicate that the item is fake. We are talking about $2K here! No perfect feedback is worth throwing that kind of money away.

With that said, get for the photos that you need to confirm authenticity. Proceed with the transaction only if the photos say the item is authentic.

As I said before, once the money is in someone else's pocket, it is very, very hard to get it back. Trash your eBay account, if you have to.

As mentioned by others, if the seller has nothing to hide, he/she should honor your request of sending you the needed photos. After all he/she is selling a $2K item. You, as a high price customer, should be treated with respect and courtesy.

^ I believe you are missing the point of the posts. To be perfectly blunt, the time to ask for more pictures and be sure you are bidding on an authentic auction is prior to placing your bid. If you have any doubts about the item or would like more information, you should wait until after your have received that information to place your bid. If you have requested additional pictures, you should not bid until you receive them.

Your bid is a contract to purchase the item. Much like you sign a contract to purchase a house or a car. Once you sign your name (or enter your bid), you have a binding agreement.

JMO :smile:

^ I believe you are missing the point of the posts. To be perfectly blunt, the time to ask for more pictures and be sure you are bidding on an authentic auction is prior to placing your bid. If you have any doubts about the item or would like more information, you should wait until after your have received that information to place your bid. If you have requested additional pictures, you should not bid until you receive them.

Your bid is a contract to purchase the item. Much like you sign a contract to purchase a house or a car. Once you sign your name (or enter your bid), you have a binding agreement.

Well, it is kind of late to preach to the PO not to place the bid unless she is sure about the authenticity. The question is, given the situation, if she should ask for more photos before sending money. Furthermore, the buyer is very much interested in completing the transaction.

Everyone here agrees that she should not hesitate asking for additional photos and info.

The only debate here is if she receives the photos and if she finds them to be indicative of a fake, should she continue with the transaction by sending money.

I definitely would not, and strongly advise her against it.

I Agree With Chicky And Livethelake, But Considering The Auction Was For 2k, I Would Either Not Have Bid, Or Try To Get More Info Afterwards. If A High Priced Seller Cannot Manage An Auction, I Do Not Believe That Seller To Be Of High Enough Fibre To Be Selling That Item. Placing Judgement May Be Wrong In 'real Life', But On The Internet, All You Have Is Your Judgements,make Them Good.

What Was Your Item, By The Way? Or Hte Auction Number?

Hi ladies,

Thanks for all the feedback. I really appreciate them. :girlsigh:

Let me explain my situation. I also believe that a buyer should ask for pics and questions before bidding. Thats why i felt a little bad for asking for the pictures after the auction has ended and requested for some advise on the forum.

I first emailed the seller about 8 days (SAT) before the auction ended (it was a 10 day auction) for more pics. She replied 2 days later saying she was out of town and will get back to me with the pictures as soon as she returned (TUES). I waited for her pics and it never came so on WED i emailed her again. No reply. Her auction was to end on FRI past midnight.

Her feedback for selling LV stuff has been 100% and very reputable LV sellers had purchased from her before. Some feedbacks mentioned excellent communication too. That made me feel at ease somehow. I pretty much assumed she has extended her holiday which explains why she could not reply to my emails promptly. And i really wanted the bag. So i bidded anyway. :sad: I am not having any buyers remorse i swear and i missed out on a lot of other bags because i am setting aside the money for this one.

I won the item and was really happy about it. I emailed her again immediately after the auction ended (Friday past midnight) (thinking she should be back from wherever by now knowing her auctions are ending around this time) for the some information and one picture of the datecode. I also requested for the invoice. She replied on SUN past midnight. Just one line saying it is authentic and sent the invoice.

I sent her an email immediately asking to see the picture of the datecode and that i will send the payment after that. No replies from her. I sent it through ebay. Today i sent another email to the email address stated in the invoice (it was a hotmail email address) asking her to please send me a picture and assuring her i will make payment after i receive the picture. And the mail was returned to me through the Mail Delivery System. :confused1: Does it mean the email address is not valid? I am a little confused now.

I am sorry for the really long post. But i thought i should explain the situation better.. The seller is in the US and i am in the UK. So there is some time difference.

happie_berrie this has happened to me also however I just wanted her paypal email address - I sent payment 2wice via paypal she said she didnt recieve it and I have been waiting since the end of sept for my Jimmy Choo momos
:sad: She also had perfect feedback for communication etc for the 30 emails ive sent shes sent five very short emails - god sellers like this really BUG me!!!:sad:

Thanks for the update and the extra info.:yes:

I appreciate that a winning bid is a legal and binding contract, but something doesn't add up IMO:Push:

The seller is asking for alot of money based on trust.
She has made contact with you (to send the invoice - so she is around a computer!)
And she has already promised to send the pictures you requested.
So, based on that, i would suggest that you most definitely don't send payment until you get those pictures.
She is delaying sending you them for some reason...i wonder why??:confused1:

As for the undeliverable mail, does the message say it's 'delayed' or 'failed'?

Action: failed
Remote-MTA: DNS; mx1.hotmail.com
Diagnostic-Code: SMTP; 550 Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable
Last-Attempt-Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 13:16:40 -0800 (PST)

My comment above was meant to be a general one. I do agree that if you're not getting a response from the seller, that you shouldn't send payment until you do. However, if this goes on for a few more days, I would suggest getting her phone contact info from ebay (she will then have yours too) and calling her at a time appropriate to her time zone to perhaps expedite the receipt of what you need.

Considering your situation, I would definitely wait for her to send the picture before sending payment. It's worth the neg feedback if your instincts tell you there is something not right with the bag.

I would continue sending her messages thru ebay and make sure it is clear that you will not pay until you receive that photo. If still no response, then definitely call her before your 7 days is up(Friday).

Latest update! I got an email today! :s Just one line again. Quoting her "i try to take a pic for the datec code but its not clear, sorry no more picture, i do appologize thanks bye " :shrugs: It does not sound too good does it? Or am i being paranoid?

I completely agree.

And I know for most people..if the roles were reversed, they would be ranting and raving if the buyer was hesitating to go through with the deal after they won the auction.

The time to clear up any misgivings/concerns you may have is prior to bidding, not after the auction is won. If the seller is not responding to your requests for more information, I would take that as a sign to pass on the auction.