Is it worth it to buy almost new reissue for $2700??

I'd wait to see the actual prices on the new bags first before making such a big purchase on a gently used 226. I don't think I could ever justify paying over retail for a bag, esp if it's not brand spanking new. Good luck on your decision though...I know what it's like to really pine for a special bag.

A 226 reissue that has been used (albeit only a couple times) for more than retail? I would never. The reissues are coming out for SS (like everyone said) and I would prefer to buy one that is brand new from the boutique if I was going to pay retail. Since it is a tPFer, can you ask her to lower the price? I don't understand why she would be charging more than retail for a USED bag when everyone on tPF knows that there are more reissues coming out?

^ well i guess the TPFer wants to make some money since the bag is sold out and somewhat sought after.

i totally get where you're coming from though. you really want it and have been looking for it and finally came across this one...though it's marked up quite a bit. sometimes we make drastic decisions but i'm glad you started this thread to get some opinions that'll really help.

^^^ Actually, the 226 cost $2530 for me after tax when I bought mine from the boutique, so if the seller (who is NOT me by the way!) is asking for $2700, the $170 difference in price probably doesn't even cover her ebay and paypal fees. So she is probably losing a bit of $ for using the bag a few times. Just wanted to point that out.

My dear I would wait for the 2008 reissues. I'm basing my opinion soley on the fact that a 226 is too small and I'm almost positive you'd be happier with a 227. Let us know what you decide.

Thank you all of you for your opinions!!
I decided not to go for it knowing metallic black reissue is coming back in 2008. I'm not sure about the price for the new collection and that's what's bugging me but I think I can wait. I'm sure super girls on the forum will have super fast information on these reissues as soon as available so I'll be OK.^^
I also think that tPFer who was selling that bag wasn't trying to make lots of profit from it. I was just trying to justify that price for myself to see if it was worth it.
Thanks all you tPFers!! You guys rock!

i think i saw this auction today has ended with bin.
personally, i agree with ocgirls. the ebay sellers will have to take loss, because the bag is used. but at least they need to cover half of the fees. ( paypal and ebay fees so high). plus reissue is super hot right now. some people willing to pay above retail because so hard to get. but since there will be another black reissue for spring 08, its better to wait. you can buy brand new at that price from the boutique next year. if there wont be another black metalic, i probably will do bin too from ebay.
good luck on finding your dream bag.. :tup:

wow...the new reissue price has gone up so much???

i guess i will stick to gettin the reissue at $2700 even though is a bit high too but rather than to splurge for the new reissue 2008 bag.

I bought mine MB 227 at $2350 (retail price)......phew, glad that i have her....:smile:

If this was the bag that my heart longs for, and it is such a hot bag, I would probably go for it rather than wait for the S.S 2008. Knowing Chanel, the price of the S.S 2008 bags when they come out are usually higher than what is listed in the look-book.