is it safe carrying your bbag in rainy weather?

Even for humid weather you must beware of mould/fungus... If you are paranoid, have some antifungal treatment on yr bag before using it...

i heard of treatments which changed the texture of b-bag leathers. how about this antifungal treatment? a leather prada bowling bag i have from 2001 developed this black spots underneath the leather (they are visible only when wet), i am guessing these are mould...

where can i get this treatment done in singapore? how about water-proofing, fix scuffings, and moisturizing? do we normally do these ourselves? (applegarde, LMB, etc?)

Thank you for responding - those of you who have gotten your B bags wet by rain and said they weren't damaged.

I got my first bag in Nov and my second in early Feb and I've been too afraid to use them (it rains alot here in Seattle area) for fear of rain spots. Both have just been sitting in their dust bags waiting for a drought that probably won't arrive until July!

Now I am going to take those bags out and use them. The hardest part isn't spending the money to buy them - if I spent the money and then ruined how they looked, that would make it seem like I had wasted the money. For this kind of money, I want them to look beautiful for a really long time. Peggy

I'm in the minority. I live in Seattle and rain is just a part of life here as is my black city. I've carried her through rain showers and even snow showers and I never protected her with any kind of special lotion/treatment. I even once accidentally dropped her into salt water off a dock (on a boating trip) and everything inside stayed dry! In my opinion, she has aged extremely well and has softened up so much. but then again, that's how I like my bags to be -- use them more and the better/softer they become. I would only be worried about rain, etc. with lighter colored b bags, but that's JMHO.

i heard of treatments which changed the texture of b-bag leathers. how about this antifungal treatment? a leather prada bowling bag i have from 2001 developed this black spots underneath the leather (they are visible only when wet), i am guessing these are mould...

where can i get this treatment done in singapore? how about water-proofing, fix scuffings, and moisturizing? do we normally do these ourselves? (applegarde, LMB, etc?)

Hi Bagpunk,

I actually had this thread on a great place to clean up bags in Singapore recently... I had this same problem of white spots appearing on my Gucci lambskin charm tote. Gucci recommended this place called Colour Wash at China Square Central where they do dry cleaning and antifungal treatment. I just needed to have my bag cleaned up and air dried properly before storing it again... Yes, they do waterproofing too...The lady boss is Korean and has done B bags before. Hope this helps...