Is it in bad form...

I would never, ever ask point blank if a bag is fake. I might ask them where they got it, or the style name, or something of the sort. Then, when I get closer, I will do my "up close investigation". Other than that, I will just smile ;)

No offense, but I think it would be rude and somewhat self important to ask someone whether or not their bag was fake. For one thing, who's business is it if it is? It's almost as if people get some sort of weird satisfaction out of embarrassing people with fake bags. I have more important things to worry about.

I think it would be rude to as outright, "hey, is your bag a fake?" only b/c if it's not, then I'd feel really bad and they would prolly be mad too...esp if it's a designer I'm just learning about/have no idea about. But, to ask "where did you get it?" and talk about the designer...then you can always tell if it is real or fake :smile: Unless the person really just doesn't want people to know and fakes everything, using credible information when you know for certain the bag is fake hehe. Thats going to a lot of trouble just to make it seem it is real, but, people have been known to do crazier things!