Is Honesty Still the Best Policy?

Merika! OMG! I guess I should not be viewing this while the kids are awake! LOL!

Ummm, as to the original question, I only comment when I absolutely love the item and would honestly add it to my own personal collection.

"If you can't say sumthin' nice, then you should say nuthin' at all."[/quote]

that's all I wanted to say!!

Ow and Merika, that smiley is hilarious! I keep watching that poor head board going back and forth lol

Even if it's old it's still quite interesting, I must admit I questioned it myself a couple of times, but I think there's a difference between being happy for someone who has gotten what the wanted and judging an item on it's on, on the runway etc etc. =)

I try to be honest..if it is a modelling post, and the person looks terrible and bag looks nice. I say "nice bag". If the person looks good with the bag I'll say "you look great, and the bag looks lovely!"

If I think it doesn't look good at all, I don't comment.

What a great thread this was- I stayed enthralled thru the whole thing & don't usually have the time or patience to read the long ones.
Interesting opening question, which I'll go back to:
If I don't like the bag (and I have seen one or 2) I'll either not comment at all, or I'll find something in the pic I do like.
As for brutal honesty, I'm a parent, I would never let some of the thoughts in my head fall out of my mouth when I'm dealing with my children during a sticky situation & that carries into all facets of my life now.
I'm glad you opened this topic though, I feel I've gotten to know some folks here a bit better!

Lets say if I cant say anything nice, I wont say anything.
And if the person asks for opinion and I dont like the item, I will say it but in a nice way and maybe throw another suggestion?