Is gh trendy??

very trendy and I love it!!!:P

brunettetiger, your pic is actually the one that has convinced me i might want to finally venture into GH!! I just saw it tonight when you posted in pics of you wearing your bbags thread and I thought it looked so chic!

I think I have hesitated thus far because when GH first came out they looked like weird huge thimbles. Remember our reaction, everyone? It was shock but we got used to it and many have been converted. Now I hesitate because I just wonder if I'll like it as much when I'm dressed casually. I'm not really a blingy gal so I'm not sure how often I'd reach for GH, you know. I won't know if I don't try, right?

Is is trendy? Depends on how long they keep making it/we keep buying.

I am not sure that B-bags are trendy at all these days and I appreciate them more because I feel that they have gone through that phase of their existence and moved on.

I buy bags that I like - irrespective of fashionability - because that gives them long term staying power for me.

ITA!:tup:

Honestly, the phase where Bbag were "in" past ages ago, so it doesn't really matter if GH is a passing thing or not, IMO.

I'm not a fan of GH at all, so I will keep buying RH, but whatever suits you, I say:yes:

I think it looks good on the overall bag on certain colours. It's like there are some people in this world who wear heaps of gold jewellery and look great, whereas on others it may look a little out of place. It comes down to individual style and how you rock the bag and how you style it with your outfit...

ITA!!!! I like both rh and GH(s) depending on style/color!

I don't hate GH as much as I used to (although I still sometimes think GH bags look like they have very shiny, textured nipples...), but I still feel that it's quite trendy. I vastly prefer RH, and I suspect the RH bags will hold their value better over the years because I don't see GH continuing to be as popular as it is now...

I do think it's a little funny that these SAs are telling us the bags are just a trend when they're ordering almost exclusively GH bags.

I agree with Cheshire on both points :tup:
I don't own any GH bags, I 'm still not sold, I think they look a bit weird. I might consider the silver GH on a large bag, but the RH will probably prevail.

I think it looks good on the overall bag on certain colours. It's like there are some people in this world who wear heaps of gold jewellery and look great, whereas on others it may look a little out of place. It comes down to individual style and how you rock the bag and how you style it with your outfit...

:yes: ITA with KDC... but adding a few more comments: for me personally, I LOVE LOVE LOVE GGH... the SGH has only JUST started to grow on me and only on certain colors... IMO, some colors look soooo much better with the GH (gold or silver) and brings out the colors more and brings more life to the darker colors... whereas I find the RH looks great on the lighter colors...

I think GH can be considered trendy but for me personally, I always buy what I love and I think I will always love the GH on the bigger bags i.e. PT and work... I will still wear in years to come even if the GH hype has died down!

I love GH and RH but I feel the introduction of GH has given Balenciaga a kick-start. It was getting a bit predictable with the RH and colours which seems to be repeated often. The popularity of GH with this season's colours will make it more a classic as more people get used to the look and B themselves will be motivated to introduce more colours to complement the GH I'm sure.

I love GH and RH but I feel the introduction of GH has given Balenciaga a kick-start. It was getting a bit predictable with the RH and colours which seems to be repeated often. The popularity of GH with this season's colours will make it more a classic as more people get used to the look and B themselves will be motivated to introduce more colours to complement the GH I'm sure.

Well said :yes: