Ipod Cases

speedysteph said:
I'm frustrated that I can't find any cute cases for the Ipod Video!

Not on eluxury, not coach, not juicy, not burberry... nothing.

I found ONE clear rubber one at Bestbuy and it was like $35! Gosh I'd rather wait and get a nice one.

I was about to buy the LV one on eluxury thinking it was just a universal case- then I noticed the hole for the headphones is in the middle- with the video ipods the headphone jack is off center.

glad u noticed that because i was about to buy that one too since there was no other one that really caught my eye.

I ended up buying the LV signature ipod case on eBay from a my poupette reseller. I got it for $110- I thought it was a pretty good deal eventhough the headphone slot is not in the right spot. I'm hoping the headphone cord can just bend and come out the middle of the case. I figured that if it doesn't fit, I'll just resell it.

I just hate that the cheap rubber ones are like $30-$40. I figure I might as well spend a little more and get a designer one.

im waiting for the ipod nano to have 1500 songs..so i still have my mini that has that amount...but that doesnt mean i cant start shopping for accessories! lol but like someone said, we still have to wait for the brands to draw up some designs.

speedysteph said:
I ended up buying the LV signature ipod case on eBay from a my poupette reseller. I got it for $110- I thought it was a pretty good deal eventhough the headphone slot is not in the right spot. I'm hoping the headphone cord can just bend and come out the middle of the case. I figured that if it doesn't fit, I'll just resell it.

I just hate that the cheap rubber ones are like $30-$40. I figure I might as well spend a little more and get a designer one.

lemme know how that works for u.. im wondering.. do you think an ipod video can fit into the multicolor case for the ipod minis? (that one has a hole for the headphones on the side)

mrsjimmyh said:
lemme know how that works for u.. im wondering.. do you think an ipod video can fit into the multicolor case for the ipod minis? (that one has a hole for the headphones on the side)

No, the minis are a lot smaller than the video, but the video is the same dimensions as the old regular ipod, just thinner. So the video will fit some cases for the old regular ipod. Only thing is the buttons/screen is different and headphone jack is different so it depends on the case. So confusing :nuts:

Did you see Coach's solution to making cases for the Nano? They added this to the description of the Mini Skinny coin purses they's sold for a long time: Perfectly sized to protect your iPod® Nano :suspiciou

speedysteph said:
Did you see Coach's solution to making cases for the Nano? They added this to the description of the Mini Skinny coin purses they's sold for a long time: Perfectly sized to protect your iPod® Nano :suspiciou

I find that so irritating to add that to the description since that wasn't what the mini skinny was originally made for. :evil:

my sister bought me a video ipod for xmas.. since there aren't any designer case that would fit it for now.. I bought myself a foofpod.. oh so cute =) at least it kind of matches my black purses...

I feel your pain about not finding a case for the video Ipod. However, Juicy's new fall collection has a new case. It's sort of bland compared to the other ipod cases they've made in previous seasons. It only fits the 30gb and not the 60gb (thicker). I've only seen it at shopbop.

I've also been waiting for Coach to come out with a video case but alas. I emailed them and they said they had no immediate plans to release one. :sad:

I'm pretty sure the new Chanel ipod case fits the video ipod, again for the 30gb only. Check out pics here:

yŠy“VƒI[ƒNƒVƒ‡ƒ“zV•išCHANEL ƒVƒƒƒlƒ‹ iPodƒ~ƒjƒP[ƒX A29807 ƒ}ƒƒ“{ƒGƒiƒƒ‹šyƒCƒ“ƒ|[ƒgƒVƒ‡ƒbƒvCoCoz
CHANEL ƒVƒƒƒlƒ‹@A29807@‚‰P‚‚„ƒ~ƒjƒP[ƒX ƒ}ƒƒ“@ƒGƒiƒƒ‹

*major swoon*

Can someone read Japanese?

ETA - So I can't post links, eh? Just type "chanel ipod" into google and you'll see some Japanese links, click on those to find the pics I'm referring to. It may be fake though.